duanbozhong9689 2015-09-21 11:14
浏览 144
已采纳

Golang内存分配测试

I'm trying to allocate memory with my "program" - just to allocate it and stay there - for testing purposes. When I run it on my MacOS the Activity Monitor shows it allocates 1.6 gb, when I compile it for linux and run it there it does nothing - it prints the message but the ram isn't being used on the machine. Am I doing it wrong? Is there a better way? Here is my code:

package main

import (
    "fmt"
    "unsafe"
    "time"
)

func main() {
    var buffer [100 * 1024 * 1024]string
    fmt.Printf("The size of the buffer is: %d bytes
", unsafe.Sizeof(buffer))
    time.Sleep(300 * time.Second)
}

First I used byte for my array type, but it did not worked event on my mac?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• doubi9615 2015-09-21 11:22
    关注

There's nothing whatsoever in your code that requires memory. The compiler is perfectly within its rights to optimize the whole allocation away, and even if the compiler doesn't do it, the OS will not commit the memory - you're never assigning anything, so it's likely just mirroring a zero-page.

I don't know anything about the subtle differences between whatever Linux you're using and whatever MacOS you're using, so there's little that can be said with certainty. It might very well be that your way of checking memory on your linux machine gives you only committed memory, while you're seeing all virtual memory on your MacOS, or there might be other subtle differences. In any case, since compilers became smart and since we had virtual memory on PCs, it's been getting harder and harder to get any meaningful benchmarks - the tools we work with are usually smart enough to avoid unnecessary waste; and most benchmarks you'll try are pretty much completely unnecessary waste.

Benchmarking is hard.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥30 这是哪个作者做的宝宝起名网站
  • ¥60 版本过低apk如何修改可以兼容新的安卓系统
  • ¥25 由IPR导致的DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE蓝屏
  • ¥50 有数据,怎么建立模型求影响全要素生产率的因素
  • ¥50 有数据,怎么用matlab求全要素生产率
  • ¥15 TI的insta-spin例程
  • ¥15 完成下列问题完成下列问题