dosf40815 2014-03-10 02:05 采纳率: 100%
浏览 18
已采纳

编译Java以使其表现像GO代码

Would it be possible to write a Java compiler or Virtual Machine that would let you compile legacy java application that use thread and blocking system call the same way GO program are compiled.

Thus new Thread().run(); would create light weight thread and all blocking system call will instead be asynchronous Operating System call and make the light weight thread yield.

If not, what is the main reason this would be impossible!

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dtmjqyfz21793 2014-03-11 12:04
    关注

James Henstridge has already provided good background on Java green threads, and the efficiency problems introduced by exposing native OS threads to the programmer because their use is expensive.

There have been several university attempts to recover from this situation. Two such are JCSP from Kent and CTJ (albeit probably defunct) from Twente. Both offer easy design of concurrency in the Go style (based on Hoare's CSP). But both suffer from the poor JVM performance of coding in this way because JVM threads are expensive.

If performance is not critical, CSP is a superior way to achieve a concurrent design because it avoids the complexities of asynchronous programming. You can use JCSP in production code - I do.

There were reports that the JCSP team also had an experimental JNI-add-on to the JVM to modify the thread semantics to be much more efficient, but I've never seen that in action.

Fortunately for Go you can "have your cake and eat it". You get CSP-based happen-before simplicity, plus top performance. Yay!

Aside: an interesting Oxford University paper reported on a continuation-passing style modification for concurrent Scala programs that allows CSP to be used on the JVM. I'm hoping for further news on this at the CPA2014 conference in Oxford this August (forgive the plug!).

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 关于#Java#的问题,如何解决?
  • ¥15 加热介质是液体,换热器壳侧导热系数和总的导热系数怎么算
  • ¥15 想问一下树莓派接上显示屏后出现如图所示画面,是什么问题导致的
  • ¥100 嵌入式系统基于PIC16F882和热敏电阻的数字温度计
  • ¥15 cmd cl 0x000007b
  • ¥20 BAPI_PR_CHANGE how to add account assignment information for service line
  • ¥500 火焰左右视图、视差(基于双目相机)
  • ¥100 set_link_state
  • ¥15 虚幻5 UE美术毛发渲染
  • ¥15 CVRP 图论 物流运输优化