douzhao1912 2017-08-16 10:25
浏览 25

在涉及全局变量的不同程序包中同步测试的最佳方法是什么?

I'm working on a go project, my task is writing some tests for a package. The tests need to access a global variable in a different package. This global variable might be setup/access in different packages' testing. Because by default go testing runs in parallel for different packages. Therefore, setup/access to this variable might create race conditions.

The easiest way to synchronize is to create a shared sync.Mutex which spans in the different packages. Having said that, I tried to put this sync.Mutex in the xxx_test.go of xxx.go in which the global variable is declared, unfortunately, another package was not able to access this Mutex due to scope limitation. Eventually, I figured out I have to put this sync.Mutex to a utility package which is dedicated to testing, then different packages can access this Mutex to achieve sync purpose for that global variable.

I'm new to go lang. I just felt it's awkward that I need to create a utility package to just achieve sync purpose in the testing, on the other hand, if another developer does some testing in another package, he/she probably doesn't know where to find this sync.Mutex. Is there any better way to achieve this sync purpose with an elegant solution.

Many thanks!

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• doudao3170 2017-08-16 12:09
    关注

This question is impossibly broad. Entire books have been written on the topic.

But since you asked specifically about global variables, the simplest answer is: Don't use global variables.

We're always taught that global variables are an anti-pattern. Testing is one of the main reasons that global variables and singletons is an anti-pattern.

If possible, refactor your global state to at least allow an instance variable, rather than a global. Then you can pass that instance into your functions for testing.

As a simplified example, suppose you have the following global variable, and a function which uses it:

var globalFoo = 123

func doFoo() string {
        return fmt.Sprintf("foo = %d", globalFoo)
    }

Modify your function to take your variable as an argument:

func doFoo(foo int) string {
        return fmt.Sprintf("foo = %d", foo)
    }

This can be more complicated if your global state is a database connection, or a large number of variables, but the principle is the same: Don't use globals; pass variables instead.

In a legacy codebase, one method to allow testing, without changing your function signatures, is to create simple wrapping functions:

func doFoo() string {
        return realDoFoo(globalFoo)
    }

func realDoFoo(foo int) string {
        fmt.Sprintf("foo = %s", foo)
    }

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥50 comfyui下连接animatediff节点生成视频质量非常差的原因
  • ¥20 有关区间dp的问题求解
  • ¥15 多电路系统共用电源的串扰问题