dongzha5934 2018-06-08 14:25
浏览 86
已采纳

Golang中处理逻辑错误和编程错误的惯用方式

I have been using golang to automate some deploy processes and I had to use exec package to call some bash scripts.

I used exec.Command("/home/rodrigo/my-deploy.sh").CombinedOutput() and I saw his implementation

func (c *Cmd) CombinedOutput() ([]byte, error) {
    if c.Stdout != nil {
        return nil, errors.New("exec: Stdout already set")
    }
    if c.Stderr != nil {
        return nil, errors.New("exec: Stderr already set")
    }
    var b bytes.Buffer
    c.Stdout = &b
    c.Stderr = &b
    err := c.Run()
    return b.Bytes(), err
}

I realized you can't assign c.Stdout when using CombinedOutput() and I think that's ok but the way it is informed to the api caller is not correct.

CombinedOutput() return an error when you are using it in a bad way, so if you are going to use CombinedOutput() then you shouldn't assign c.Stderr or c.Stdout previously, if you do that then you are going to receive an error.

But this error is not because your script throw an error, it is because you are using the api wrong, in that case I believe you should get a panic because a bad api usage should not being handled (I think).

I come from Java World and when you are using some method in the wrong way then you receive an RuntimeException, for example.

public void run(Job job) throws NotCompletedJob {
    if (job.getId() != null) {
        throw new IllegalArgumentException("This job should not have id");
    }
    job.setId(calculateId());
    job.run();
}

With this signature I can know I'm wrong calling run(obj); with a Job that has an id and in fact I can distinguish if there is an error with my script or I'm using api in a wrong way.

NotCompletedJob is a checked exception so I must handle it but IllegalArgumentException is not so I could get it anytime. Catching IllegalArgumentException or any other RuntimeException is not always considered a good practice because they are indicating you have an error from programmers's point of view and it is not a possible expected error like NotCompletedJob.

Having said that, How can I differentiate between a programming error (bad api usages for example) from an expected error (script doesn't finished ok) with current CombinedOutput() implementation ?

To clarify my concern, I'm not saying that is wrong the current implementation of CombinedOuput, but I don't understand how the caller could distinguish if it is an error of the command being executed or an error caused from his bad api usage.

I believe that a best approach would be to panicking when the caller is using the api in a wrong way, as the same case when the caller is passing a nil reference to a function that expect a non nil reference (in fact this is the current behaviour).

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dousong9729 2018-06-08 15:24
    关注

I come from Java World and when you are using some method in the wrong way then you receive an RuntimeException.

You are in the Go world now. Therefore, that argument is invalid. Abandon Java.

The Go Programming Language Specification

Handling panics

Two built-in functions, panic and recover, assist in reporting and handling run-time panics and program-defined error conditions.

func panic(interface{}) 
    func recover() interface{}

While executing a function F, an explicit call to panic or a run-time panic terminates the execution of F. Any functions deferred by F are then executed as usual. Next, any deferred functions run by F's caller are run, and so on up to any deferred by the top-level function in the executing goroutine. At that point, the program is terminated and the error condition is reported, including the value of the argument to panic. This termination sequence is called panicking.

The Go Blog

Defer, Panic, and Recover

The convention in the Go libraries is that even when a package uses panic internally, its external API still presents explicit error return values.

Go Code Review Comments

This page collects common comments made during reviews of Go code, so that a single detailed explanation can be referred to by shorthands. This is a laundry list of common mistakes, not a style guide.

Don't Panic

See https://golang.org/doc/effective_go.html#errors. Don't use panic for normal error handling. Use error and multiple return values.

Effective Go

Errors

The usual way to report an error to a caller is to return an error as an extra return value.

Your Go server program is concurrently handling 100,000 clients. If an error occurs, report and handle it; always check for errors. DON'T crash all 100,000 clients with a panic. Go packages should not panic.

Read the Go documentation and the Go standard library code.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 matlab 用yalmip搭建模型,cplex求解,线性化处理的方法
  • ¥15 qt6.6.3 基于百度云的语音识别 不会改
  • ¥15 关于#目标检测#的问题:大概就是类似后台自动检测某下架商品的库存,在他监测到该商品上架并且可以购买的瞬间点击立即购买下单
  • ¥15 神经网络怎么把隐含层变量融合到损失函数中?
  • ¥15 lingo18勾选global solver求解使用的算法
  • ¥15 全部备份安卓app数据包括密码,可以复制到另一手机上运行
  • ¥20 测距传感器数据手册i2c
  • ¥15 RPA正常跑,cmd输入cookies跑不出来