douxu2467 2018-09-13 19:21
浏览 70

在非主程序包中运行主程序

We have a package with a fair number of complex tests. As part of the test suite, they run on builds etc.

func TestFunc(t *testing.T) {
    //lots of setup stuff and defining success conditions
    result := SystemModel.Run()
 }

Now, for one of these tests, I want to introduce some kind of frontend which will make it possible for me to debug a few things. It's not really a test, but a debug tool. For this, I want to just run the same test but with a Builder pattern:

func TestFuncWithFrontend(t *testing.T) {
    //lots of setup stuff and defining success conditions
    result := SystemModel.Run().WithHTTPFrontend(":9999")
 }

The test then would only start if I send a signal via HTTP from the frontend. Basically WithHTTPFrontend() just waits with a channel on a HTTP call from the frontend.

This of course would make the automated tests fail, because no such signal will be sent and execution will hang.

I can't just rename the package to main because the package has 15 files and they are used elsewhere in the system.

Likewise I haven't found a way to run a test only on demand while excluding it from the test suite, so that TestFuncWithFrontend would only run from the commandline - I don't care if with go run or go test or whatever.

I've also thought of ExampleTestFunc() but there's so much output produced by the test it's useless, and without defining Output: ..., the Example won't run.

Unfortunately, there's also a lot of initialization code at (private, i.e. lower case) package level that the test needs. So I can't just create a sub-package main, as a lot of that stuff wouldn't be accessible.

It seems I have three choices:

1. Export all this initialization variables and code with upper case, so that I could be using it from a sub-main package

2. Duplicate the whole code.

3. Move the test into a sub-package main and then have a func main() for the test with Frontend and a _test.go for the normal test, which would have to import a few things from the parent package.

I'd rather like to avoid the second option...And the first is better, but isn't great either IMHO. I think I'll go for the third, but...

am I missing some other option?

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• drktvjp713333 2018-09-13 19:42
    关注

I finally found an acceptable option. This answer

Skip some tests with go test

brought me to the right track.

Essentially using build tags which would not be present in normal builds but which I can provide when executing manually.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 apm2.8飞控罗盘bad health,加速度计校准失败
  • ¥15 求解O-S方程的特征值问题给出边界层布拉休斯平行流的中性曲线
  • ¥15 谁有desed数据集呀
  • ¥20 手写数字识别运行c仿真时,程序报错错误代码sim211-100
  • ¥15 关于#hadoop#的问题
  • ¥15 (标签-Python|关键词-socket)
  • ¥15 keil里为什么main.c定义的函数在it.c调用不了
  • ¥50 切换TabTip键盘的输入法
  • ¥15 可否在不同线程中调用封装数据库操作的类