零零乙 2011-05-15 12:15 采纳率: 33.3%
浏览 392
已采纳

Clojure vs 其他 lisp 语言(关闭)

The intent of my question is not to start a flame war, but rather to determine in what circumstances each language is "the best tool for the job."

I have read several books on Clojure (Programming Clojure, Practical Clojure, The Joy of Clojure, and the Manning Early Access edition of Clojure in Action), and I think it is a fantastic language. I am currently reading Let Over Lambda which mostly deals with Common Lisp macros, and, it too, is a very interesting language.

I am not a Lisp expert (more of a newbie), but this family of languages fascinates me, as does functional programming, in general.

Advantages of Clojure (and disadvantages of "others"):

• Runs on the JVM.

• The JVM is a very stable, high-performance language environment that pretty well meets Sun's dream of "Write once, run [almost] anywhere". I can write code on my Macbook Pro, compile it into an executable JAR file, and then run it on Linux and Microsoft Windows with little additional testing.

• The (Hotspot, and other) JVM supports high-quality garbage collection and very performant just-in-time compilation and optimization. Where just a few years ago, I wrote everything that had to run fast in C, now I do not hesitate to do so in Java.

• Standard, simple, multithreading model. Does Common Lisp have a standard multithreading package?

• Breaks up the monotony of all those parentheses with [], {}, and #{}, although Common Lisp experts will probably tell me that with reader macros, you can add those to CL.

Disadvantages of Clojure:

• Runs on the JVM.
    • No tail recursion or continuations. Does Common Lisp support continuations? Scheme requires support for both, I believe.

Advantages of Others (Common Lisp, in particular) (and disadvantages of Clojure):

• User-definable reader macros.

• Other advantages?

Thoughts? Other differences?

转载于:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6008313/clojure-vs-other-lisps

• 写回答

4条回答 默认 最新

• elliott.david 2011-05-15 14:00
    关注

My personal list of reasons for preferring Clojure to other Lisps (p.s. I still think all Lisps are great!):

• Runs on the JVM - hence gets automatic access to the fantastic engineering in the JVM itself (advanced garbage collection algorithms, HotSpot JIT optimisation etc.)

• Very good Java interoperability - provides compatibility with the huge range of libraries in the Java/JVM language ecosystem. I have used Clojure as a "glue" language to connect different Java libraries with good effect. As I also develop a lot of Java code it is helpful for me that Clojure integrates well with Java tooling (e.g. I use Maven, Eclipse with Counterclockwise plugin for my Clojure development)

• Nice syntax for vectors [1 2 3], maps {:bob 10, :jane 15} and sets #{"a" "b" "c"} - I consider these pretty essential tools for modern programming (in addition to lists of course!)

• I personally like the use of square brackets for binding forms: e.g. (defn foo [a b] (+ a b)) - I think it makes code a bit clearer to read.

• Emphasis on lazy, functional programming with persistent, immutable data structures - in particular all the core Clojure library is designed to support this by default

• Excellent STM implementation for multi-core concurrency. I believe Clojure has the best concurrency story of any language at the moment (see this video for more elaboration by Rich Hickey himself)

• It's a Lisp-1 (like Scheme), which I personally prefer (I think in a functional language it makes sense to keep functions and data in the same namespace)

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(3条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥20 西门子S7-Graph,S7-300,梯形图
  • ¥50 用易语言http 访问不了网页
  • ¥50 safari浏览器fetch提交数据后数据丢失问题
  • ¥15 matlab不知道怎么改,求解答!!
  • ¥15 永磁直线电机的电流环pi调不出来
  • ¥15 用stata实现聚类的代码
  • ¥15 请问paddlehub能支持移动端开发吗?在Android studio上该如何部署?
  • ¥20 docker里部署springboot项目,访问不到扬声器
  • ¥15 netty整合springboot之后自动重连失效
  • ¥15 悬赏!微信开发者工具报错,求帮改