三生石@ 2011-09-09 22:52 采纳率: 100%
浏览 392
已采纳

如何正确地使用 Roxygen2文档化 S4类插槽?

For documenting classes with roxygen(2), specifying a title and description/details appears to be the same as for functions, methods, data, etc. However, slots and inheritance are their own sort of animal. What is the best practice -- current or planned -- for documenting S4 classes in roxygen2?

Due Diligence:

I found mention of an @slot tag in early descriptions of roxygen. A 2008 R-forge mailing list post seems to indicate that this is dead, and there is no support for @slot in roxygen:

Is this true of roxygen2? The previously-mentioned post suggests a user should instead make their own itemized list with LaTeX markup. E.g. a new S4 class that extends the "character" class would be coded and documented like this:

#' The title for my S4 class that extends \code{"character"} class.
#'
#' Some details about this class and my plans for it in the body.
#'
#' \describe{
#'    \item{myslot1}{A logical keeping track of something.}
#'
#'    \item{myslot2}{An integer specifying something else.}
#' 
#'    \item{myslot3}{A data.frame holding some data.}
#'  }
#' @name mynewclass-class
#' @rdname mynewclass-class
#' @exportClass mynewclass
setClass("mynewclass",
    representation(myslot1="logical",
        myslot2="integer",
        myslot3="data.frame"),
    contains = "character"
)

However, although this works, this \describe , \item approach for documenting the slots seems inconsistent with the rest of roxygen(2), in that there are no @-delimited tags and slots could go undocumented with no objection from roxygenize(). It also says nothing about a consistent way to document inheritance of the class being defined. I imagine dependency still generally works fine (if a particular slot requires a non-base class from another package) using the @import tag.

So, to summarize, what is the current best-practice for roxygen(2) slots?

There seem to be three options to consider at the moment:

• A -- Itemized list (as example above).
  • B -- @slot ... but with extra tags/implementation I missed. I was unable to get @slot to work with roxygen / roxygen2 in versions where it was included as a replacement for the itemized list in the example above. Again, the example above does work with roxygen(2).
  • C -- Some alternative tag for specifying slots, like @param, that would accomplish the same thing.

I'm borrowing/extending this question from a post I made to the roxygen2 development page on github.

转载于:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7368262/how-to-properly-document-s4-class-slots-using-roxygen2

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• ℙℕℤℝ 2013-12-10 01:01
    关注

roxygen2 v4.1+ and Hadley's latest doc for doing this:

http://r-pkgs.had.co.nz/man.html#man-classes

I have not tried it yet for RC, but it works for me for S4 now.

Previously

It looks like S4 class slots are fully supported under Roxygen2 version 3.0+:

http://blog.rstudio.org/2013/12/09/roxygen2-3-0-0/

"document your S4 classes, S4 methods and RC classes with roxygen2 – you can safely remove workarounds that used @alias and @usage, and simply rely on roxygen2 to do the right thing."

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 对于相关问题的求解与代码
  • ¥15 ubuntu子系统密码忘记
  • ¥15 信号傅里叶变换在matlab上遇到的小问题请求帮助
  • ¥15 保护模式-系统加载-段寄存器
  • ¥15 电脑桌面设定一个区域禁止鼠标操作
  • ¥15 求NPF226060磁芯的详细资料
  • ¥15 使用R语言marginaleffects包进行边际效应图绘制