dongtou8736 2011-08-23 23:26
浏览 58

Solr是解决下述问题的好方法吗?

I am volunteering for a non-profit and the CEO would like an application that stores resumes of University professors. The resumes are to be searchable so that possible employers can find them. The resumes could be in a variety of formats, including pdf or Word.

The Web site is currently based on Joomla!, but may move to Drupal. In either case, the developers are familiar with PHP. I am familiar with PHP as well as Java.

What is the best architecture for this application? I am considering:

1. Installing either the Java or PHP version of SOLR and linking to it through PHP, using the PHP Solr extension.
  2. Using the PHP version of Lucene directly and bypassing Solr.
  3. Use the Search Lucene API Drupal extension, which provides Solr-like functionality.

If I have left any possibilities out, please let me know.

Also, I couldn't find a good book on Solr on Amazon. There is a good one on Lucene, though (the In Action series). Unfortunately, it only briefly mentions Solr. Is it worthwhile reading a good book on Lucene in order to understand how to use Solr better, or would I be wasting my time/money? I also couldn't find any good books on Solr...but maybe you can recommend one.

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• douci1541 2011-08-23 23:35
    关注

Based on what you have explained, no Solr is not a good match.

You would be more than capable of being able to do fulltext searching through mysql if you needed. The fact that you mention Joomla and Drupal obviously point to that as being the RDMS that you are using.

If I were to start this project from afresh, I would probably use some noSQL engine, something like MongoDB to create my Resume Documents. www.mongodb.com

That is how I would persist my data.

If it then comes to wanting to search the documents, I would only consider using Solr if I expect to have thousands of tens of thousands of searchs a day. It really doesn't require the effort of implementing a Solr application if you only expect 100-1000 searches a day.

And, to answer you book question on Solr, the book which I own and would recommend, is http://www.packtpub.com/solr-1-4-enterprise-search-server/book but I'm sure you could probably find something a little more recent. I bought that like 18-24 months ago.

You first would want to store the details of each person... so

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 微信小程序协议怎么写
  • ¥15 c语言怎么用printf(“\b \b”)与getch()实现黑框里写入与删除?
  • ¥20 怎么用dlib库的算法识别小麦病虫害
  • ¥15 华为ensp模拟器中S5700交换机在配置过程中老是反复重启
  • ¥15 java写代码遇到问题,求帮助
  • ¥15 uniapp uview http 如何实现统一的请求异常信息提示?
  • ¥15 有了解d3和topogram.js库的吗?有偿请教
  • ¥100 任意维数的K均值聚类
  • ¥15 stamps做sbas-insar,时序沉降图怎么画
  • ¥15 买了个传感器,根据商家发的代码和步骤使用但是代码报错了不会改,有没有人可以看看