duanbei6427 2018-09-24 19:32
浏览 333
已采纳

PostgreSQL表行在更新时会显示在底部

I am currently migrating from MySQL to PostgreSQL in a Laravel application, and I noticed that when updating, the row goes to the end of the table (bottom).

In the application I know I can use ORDER BY to sort, but I am referring to the internal behavior of the database while performing the UPDATE action.

In Mysql, it remains in the same position it occupied before the update. Is there any way to apply this function? Would it be a InnoDB feature? Using Navicat Premium 12.1 DBMS.

I think this is just an aesthetic factor, but even so I would like to learn how to carry out this "permanent ordination".

The database is in UTF-8 encoding and pt_BR.UTF8 collation and ctype. Following is the table:

CREATE TABLE `properties` (
   `id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY,
   `title` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
   `description` text NOT NULL,
   `name` varchar(255),
   `rental_price` decimal(10, 2),
   `sale_price` decimal(10, 2)
);

Thank you all!

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dongyuyi5680 2018-09-24 20:04
    关注

Part 1: Generally use ORDER BY

If you do not use the ORDER BY statement, both MySQL and PostgreSQL (and for that matter most relational DBMS systems) do not make any promises about the order of records.

You should refactor your application to use the ORDER BY statement. If you want your data set to be ordered by newest first, you could use something like:

SELECT * FROM yourtable ORDER BY id DESC;
    SELECT * FROM youtable ORDER BY creation_date DESC; -- if your table has such a column

Similarly, you can have oldest objects first by using one of the following:

SELECT * FROM yourtable ORDER BY id ASC;
    SELECT * FROM youtable ORDER BY creation_date ASC; -- if your table has such a column

Part 2: Looking into the mechanics

You added to your question a more detailed inquiry:

[...] I know I can use ORDER BY to sort, but I am referring to the internal behavior of the database while performing the UPDATE action.

There is multiple things that influence the sequence of database records displayed on your screen, when performing a query. In a real life application, it is not (practially) possible to predict this sequence.

I assume this is simply an effect of PostgreSQL creating a new record for the updated record as can be found here in the Updating a Row section. I suggest to not rely on this behvaiour in any of your applications.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥20 机器学习能否像多层线性模型一样处理嵌套数据
  • ¥20 西门子S7-Graph,S7-300,梯形图
  • ¥50 用易语言http 访问不了网页
  • ¥50 safari浏览器fetch提交数据后数据丢失问题
  • ¥15 matlab不知道怎么改,求解答!!
  • ¥15 永磁直线电机的电流环pi调不出来
  • ¥15 用stata实现聚类的代码
  • ¥15 请问paddlehub能支持移动端开发吗?在Android studio上该如何部署?
  • ¥20 docker里部署springboot项目,访问不到扬声器
  • ¥15 netty整合springboot之后自动重连失效