douti8321 2011-11-28 15:47 采纳率: 0%
浏览 18
已采纳

何时禁用密钥

I have 35 large (1M plus rows with 35 columns) databases and each one gets updated with per row imports based on the primary key.

I am thinking about grouping these updates into blocks, disabling the keys and then re-enabling them.

Does anyone know when disabling the keys is recommended. i.e. If I was going to update a single record it'd be a terrible idea but if I wanted to update every record, it would be a good idea. Are there any mathematical formulae to follow for this or should I just keep benchmarking?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dqy006150 2011-11-28 15:50
    关注

I would disable my keys when I notice that there are particular performance effects on inserts / updates. These are the most prone to getting bogged down in foreign-key problems. Inserting a row into a fully keyed/indexed table with tens of millions of records can be a nightmare, if there are alot of columns and non-null attributes in the insert. I wouldnt worry about keys/indices in a small table --- in smaller tables (lets say ~500,000 rows or less with maybe 6 or 7 columns) the keys probably aren't going to kill you.

As hinted above, you must also consider disabling the real-time management of indices when you are doing this. Indices, if maintained by the database in real-time, will slow down operations that change the tables in the database as well.

Regarding mathematical forumlae : You can look at the trends in your insert/update speed when you do / do not have indices, with respect to database size. At some point (i.e. one your db reaches a certain size) you might find that the time for an insert starts increasing geometrically .... Or that it takes a steep "jump". If you can find these points in your system, you'll know when you are pushing it to the limit --- and a good admin might even be able to tell you WHY , at those points, the system performance is dropping.

Ironically -- sometimes keys/indices speed things up ! Indices and keys can speed up some updates and inserts by making any subqueries or other operations EXTREMELY (linear-time) fast. So if an operation is slow you might ask yourself "Is there some static data that i can index to speed lookup operation up " ?

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 关于#Java#的问题,如何解决?
  • ¥15 加热介质是液体,换热器壳侧导热系数和总的导热系数怎么算
  • ¥15 想问一下树莓派接上显示屏后出现如图所示画面,是什么问题导致的
  • ¥100 嵌入式系统基于PIC16F882和热敏电阻的数字温度计
  • ¥15 cmd cl 0x000007b
  • ¥20 BAPI_PR_CHANGE how to add account assignment information for service line
  • ¥500 火焰左右视图、视差(基于双目相机)
  • ¥100 set_link_state
  • ¥15 虚幻5 UE美术毛发渲染
  • ¥15 CVRP 图论 物流运输优化