dsiuz86842 2010-08-29 21:37
浏览 78
已采纳

加密(用盐)md5-hashed-password(php)的陷阱

A client has a huge userbase and I'm required to encrypt/hash passwords in a secure manner. The problem is I can't ask every user to change their password and the passwords are already hashed with md5() without a salt. One way of doing this is to encrypt the current passwords with a salt and when a user changes or resets the password i just encrypt it with the salt.

Are there any pitfalls or more or less obvious dangers of doing so [ i mean sha1(md5(password) with salt) ]?

Thank you for your time

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• dpz90118 2010-08-29 22:20
    关注

It depends on what attack you are attempting to defend against. If the attack is someone viewing the database, then you could use a symmetric encryption method (like AES) with a key defined outside the database. Using this method requires the authentication procedure know the encryption key and you update all the rows in the database by encrypting the hashed password with the encryption key.

If the above is not an option, you have a problem. ;) The problem is that right now you don't know what any user's password actually is. All you have is the hashed version. Your routine for verifying a login is to take the input supplied by the user, hash it, and compare the computed hash with the stored hash.

Your option would be to store the old hash and create a new field to store the new algorithm. Then as people log into the system, perform the upgraded salted-hash and delete the old hash. This will work as you expect, but if a person never logs back in (or changes their password) they will never upgrade to the salted version of the hash.

My personal opinion is to use the AES encrypted option since that prevents the casual viewing of hashed passwords and it covers all the passwords in the database.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥40 复杂的限制性的商函数处理
  • ¥15 程序不包含适用于入口点的静态Main方法
  • ¥15 素材场景中光线烘焙后灯光失效
  • ¥15 请教一下各位,为什么我这个没有实现模拟点击
  • ¥15 执行 virtuoso 命令后,界面没有,cadence 启动不起来
  • ¥50 comfyui下连接animatediff节点生成视频质量非常差的原因
  • ¥20 有关区间dp的问题求解