dongzhou1865 2014-11-27 22:53
浏览 103

使用任意精度数学的log()算法示例

I'm looking to find an algorithm that I can implement in PHP to get the natural log() of an integer number using arbitrary precision maths. I'm limited by the PHP overlay library of the GMP library (see http://php.net/manual/en/ref.gmp.php for available GMP functions in PHP.)

If you know of a generic algorithm that can be translated into PHP, that would also be a useful starting point.

PHP supports a native log() function, I know, but I want to be able to work this out using arbitrary precision.

Closely related is getting an exp() function. If my schoolboy Maths serves me right, getting one can lead to the other.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• douying1119 2014-11-27 23:47
    关注

Well you would have the Taylor series, that can be rewritten for better convergence Improved taylor series of ln: 2 sum_{k=0..+inf} 1/(2k+1) * ((y-1)/(y+1))^(2k+1)

To transform this nice equality into an algorithm, you have to understand how a converging series work : each term is smaller and smaller. This decrease happens fast enough so that the total sum is a finite value : ln(y).

Because of nice properties of the real numbers, you may consider the sequence converging to ln(y) :

• L(1) = 2/1 * (y-1)/(y+1)
    • L(2) = 2/1 * (y-1)/(y+1) + 2/3 * ( (y-1)/(y+1) )^3
    • L(3) = 2/1 * (y-1)/(y+1) + 2/3 * ( (y-1)/(y+1) )^3 + 2/5 * ( (y-1)/(y+1) )^5

.. and so on.

Obviously, the algorithm to compute this sequence is easy :

x = (y-1)/(y+1);
    z = x * x;
    L = 0;
    k = 0;
    for(k=1; x > epsilon; k+=2)
    {
        L += 2 * x / k;
        x *= z;
    }

At some point, your x will become so small that it will not contribute to the interesting digits of L anymore, instead only modifying the much smaller digits. When these modifications start to be too insignificant for your purposes, you may stop.

Thus if you want to achieve a precision 1e^-20, set epsilon to be reasonably smaller than that, and you're good to go.

Don't forget to factorize within the log if you can. If it's a perfect square for example, ln(a²) = 2 ln(a) Indeed, the series will converge faster when (y-1)/(y+1) is smaller, thus when y is smaller (or rather, closer to 1, but that should be equivalent if you're planning on using integers).

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 微信小程序协议怎么写
  • ¥15 c语言怎么用printf(“\b \b”)与getch()实现黑框里写入与删除?
  • ¥20 怎么用dlib库的算法识别小麦病虫害
  • ¥15 华为ensp模拟器中S5700交换机在配置过程中老是反复重启
  • ¥15 java写代码遇到问题,求帮助
  • ¥15 uniapp uview http 如何实现统一的请求异常信息提示?
  • ¥15 有了解d3和topogram.js库的吗?有偿请教
  • ¥100 任意维数的K均值聚类
  • ¥15 stamps做sbas-insar,时序沉降图怎么画
  • ¥15 买了个传感器,根据商家发的代码和步骤使用但是代码报错了不会改,有没有人可以看看