dongweng6241 2011-12-29 05:21
浏览 71
已采纳

PHP if语句检查变量是空问题

This is driving me nuts, I have a login function that checks to make sure that the users credentials are correct, and also checks to see if an 'activation' field for that user is empty (if it wasn't, it means that they haven't activated yet and therefore shouldn't be able to log in). If all of those conditions check out fine, it returns a user id in a variable, and if not it returns false.

Function

The function runs correctly right up until I add the if statement that checks if the variable $activation is empty, using empty(). If the field is truly empty, it returns the user_id like it's supposed to, but if the field isn't empty and still contains the 40 char activation code - it also lets the user log in. Which is ridiculous.

Here is the login function (with irrelevant portions removed):

function loginCheck($email, $password) {

$stmt = $dbh->prepare("SELECT `salt`,`activation` FROM `users` WHERE `email`= :email LIMIT 1");
$stmt->bindParam(':email', $email);
$stmt->execute();

if ($stmt->rowCount() == 1) {
    $salt = $stmt->fetchColumn(0);
    $activation = $stmt->fetchColumn(1);

if (empty($activation)) {

// another few unrelated tasks and query here to grab user id which is returned below

if ($stmt->execute()) {
            return $stmt->fetchColumn(1); // the returned user ID
        } else {
            return false;
        }       
    } else {
        return false; // It should return this false here because the field IS NOT empty!
    }
} else {
    return false;
}

}

1) I have performed the first query manually, and it does in fact select the fields salt and activation flawlessly.

2) I have checked to make sure that the column being fetched and applied to the var $activation is correct, it is the second column so $activation = $stmt->fetchColumn(1) is fine.

Page

Now on the login.php page which calls the above function, here is the code relating to calling the function and logging in:

$login = loginCheck($email, $password);

if ($login === false) {
    $errors[] = 'Unable to log you in';
}

if (!empty($errors)) {
foreach ($errors as $error) {
echo $error, '<br />'; 
}
} else {
$_SESSION['user_id'] = $login;
header('Location: you/default.php');
exit();
} 

I've looked and looked and can't find any errors. Why on earth is this occurring?

EDIT

The activation field in my MySQL table is set to varchar(40) with a collation of utf8_general_ci, and since the activation field is populated with numbers and letters, I'm assuming it's a string.

And yes, the user_id that is returned is the one that relates to the user logging in, so that is correct.

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• douwen7516 2011-12-29 05:43
    关注

As you can see here: http://php.net/manual/en/pdostatement.fetchcolumn.php,

There is no way to return another column from the same row if you use PDOStatement::fetchColumn() to retrieve data.

This is because each time you call fetchColumn it will apply over the row next to the row on which the previous call applied.

$salt = $stmt->fetchColumn(0);
    $activation = $stmt->fetchColumn(1);

The second call to fetchColumn() is working over the row next to that of the first call. In your case, as there is only one row, fetchColumn() returns NULL, so that's why activation appears as empty.

Use fetch() to retrieve an array with all the values of the row:

$row=$stmt->fetch();
       $salt=$row[0];
       $activation=$row[1];

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 装 pytorch 的时候出了好多问题,遇到这种情况怎么处理?
  • ¥20 IOS游览器某宝手机网页版自动立即购买JavaScript脚本
  • ¥15 手机接入宽带网线,如何释放宽带全部速度
  • ¥30 关于#r语言#的问题:如何对R语言中mfgarch包中构建的garch-midas模型进行样本内长期波动率预测和样本外长期波动率预测
  • ¥15 ETLCloud 处理json多层级问题
  • ¥15 matlab中使用gurobi时报错
  • ¥15 这个主板怎么能扩出一两个sata口
  • ¥15 不是,这到底错哪儿了😭
  • ¥15 2020长安杯与连接网探
  • ¥15 关于#matlab#的问题:在模糊控制器中选出线路信息,在simulink中根据线路信息生成速度时间目标曲线(初速度为20m/s,15秒后减为0的速度时间图像)我想问线路信息是什么