douzhangcuo2174 2011-12-05 16:25
浏览 245
已采纳

修复具有高NPath复杂度的代码

I was analyzing my code with PHP Mess Detector when PHPMD reported some of my codes has high NPath Complexity. One example would be:

function compareDates($date1, $date2){
    if($date->year < $date2->year){
        return -1;
    }
    if($date->year > $date2->year){
        return 1;
    }
    if($date->month < $date2->month){
        return -1;
    }
    if($date->month > $date2->month){
        return 1;
    }
    if($date->day < $date2->day){
        return -1;
    }
    if($date->day > $date2->day){
        return 1;
    }
    // etc.. same for hour, minute, second.
    return 0;
}

The result would be that this function has very high NPath complexity. Is there a generic way of coding to reduce such control structures and NPath complexity?

Source Code: http://code.google.com/p/phpraise/source/browse/trunk/phpraise/core/datetime/RaiseDateTime.php#546

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• duanqiao0153 2011-12-05 16:36
    关注

Your code actually is relatively simple, just poorly structured. I would recommend creating a subfunction that takes two parameters and handles the return of -1/1 and then iterating through an array of fields to check on, as this would be a bit easier, but a few things of note:

1. Your way is OK. It's not clean, but it's clear and if it works there's no pressing need to change it - any programmer who looks at it will be able to understand what you're doing, even if they scoff at your implementation.

2. Complexity isn't a holy grail. It's important, and as a programmer who does a lot of maintenance programming I think it's really important that the people writing the code I maintain know about complexity, but you can't entirely avoid complexity and sometimes the complex solution (using McCabe's Complexity) is the easiest to read.

The only change I would really recommend you making is having a single return call. Do something like:

$compare_val = 0;

At the top of your file, and then change your subsequent if calls to elseifs and instead of returning the value, just update $compare_val and return it at the end of your function.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 关于smbclient 库的使用
  • ¥15 微信小程序协议怎么写
  • ¥15 c语言怎么用printf(“\b \b”)与getch()实现黑框里写入与删除?
  • ¥20 怎么用dlib库的算法识别小麦病虫害
  • ¥15 华为ensp模拟器中S5700交换机在配置过程中老是反复重启
  • ¥15 java写代码遇到问题,求帮助
  • ¥15 uniapp uview http 如何实现统一的请求异常信息提示?
  • ¥15 有了解d3和topogram.js库的吗?有偿请教
  • ¥100 任意维数的K均值聚类
  • ¥15 stamps做sbas-insar,时序沉降图怎么画