I have few questions about this code:

<?php 
   $iv_size = mcrypt_get_iv_size(MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_256, MCRYPT_MODE_ECB); 
   $iv = mcrypt_create_iv($iv_size, MCRYPT_RAND); 
   $key = "This is a very secret key"; 
   $text = file_get_contents('path/to/your/file'); 
   echo strlen($text) . "
"; 

$crypttext = mcrypt_encrypt(MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_256, $key, $text, MCRYPT_MODE_ECB, $iv); 
   file_put_contents('path/to/your/file', $crypttext);    
?> 

It encrypts the file just fine, however it adds additional nulls at the end, so if I encrypt:

a test string is this one
    and here is a new line 

once decrypted becomes:

a test string is this one
    and here is a new line 000000000000000

What's going on?

Second, is MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_256 compatible with AES-128?

Finally, how would I let another party decrypt a file I've encrypted? They would need to know which encryption was used and I am not sure what to tell them.

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• dqpciw9742 2010-11-09 08:57
    关注

MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_128 is AES-128, MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_256 is AES-256 - just another name:

[...]The standard comprises three block ciphers, AES-128, AES-192 and AES-256, adopted from a larger collection originally published as Rijndael.originally published as Rijndael.[...]

[...]The Rijndael cipher was developed by two Belgian cryptographers, Joan Daemen and Vincent Rijmen, and submitted by them to the AES selection process. Rijndael (pronounced "Rhine dall") is a wordplay with the names of the two inventors.[...]

The \x00 characters you encounter at the end of the decrypted string are the padding required for some block ciphers (with ECB being such a block cipher). Mcyrpt uses NULL-padding internally if the input data needs to be padded to the required block length. There are other padding modes available (which have to be user-coded when using Mcyrpt), namely PKCS7, ANSI X.923 or ISO 10126. NULL-padding is problematic when encrypting binary data that may end with one or more \x00 characters because you can't detect where the data ends and the padding starts - the other padding modes mentioned solve this kind of problem. If you're encrypting character data (strings) you can easily trim off the trailing \x00 by using $data = trim($data, "\x00");.

To decrypt the data you sent to a consumer, the consumer would need to know the IV (initialization vector) ($iv), the algorithm used (MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_256/AES-256), the encryption mode (ECB), the secret encryption key ($key) and the padding mode used (NULL-padding). The IV can be transmitted with the encrypted data as it does not need to be kept secret:

The IV must be known to the recipient of the encrypted information to be able to decrypt it. This can be ensured in a number of ways: by transmitting the IV along with the ciphertext, by agreeing on it beforehand during the key exchange or the handshake, by calculating it (usually incrementally), or by measuring such parameters as current time (used in hardware authentication tokens such as RSA SecurID, VASCO Digipass, etc.), IDs such as sender's and/or recipient's address or ID, file ID, the packet, sector or cluster number, etc. A number of variables can be combined or hashed together, depending on the protocol.depending on the protocol.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 我想咨询一下路面纹理三维点云数据处理的一些问题,上传的坐标文件里是怎么对无序点进行编号的,以及xy坐标在处理的时候是进行整体模型分片处理的吗
  • ¥15 CSAPPattacklab
  • ¥15 一直显示正在等待HID—ISP
  • ¥15 Python turtle 画图
  • ¥15 关于大棚监测的pcb板设计
  • ¥15 stm32开发clion时遇到的编译问题
  • ¥15 lna设计 源简并电感型共源放大器