echo "</tr>";
}
echo "</table><br><br>";

and let's say the following records in my table:

- Surname -
Greyjoy
Lannister
Stark

What happens is that if I won't type the full surname, it throws error that that surname doesn't exist. As a result the LIKE "%" is not working.

I have tried LIKE '".$surname."$' or LIKE '{$surname}%', but nothing happens too.

I searched here in Stack a lot, and it seems that the above tryouts should be working.

What am I missing?

• post-comments-editing -

To be more understood, I am sure that the variable contains the actual surname as a string, because if I type the whole surname, my application works normally. However, if I type the first 3 letters (or 4...) the application returns my homemade message that the surname typed is wrong.

Also, to go over the problem with case sensitive, my testing is done with a surname which has only small characters.

Thank you all for your effort, still havinf the issue!

• 写回答

5条回答 默认 最新

• drz5553 2013-12-17 16:10
    关注

You have two definite problems and one potential problem:

First, you aren't using bind variables. This opens up your script to an SQL injection attack, which is an extremely common and preventable security error. Replace your SQL script with:

$sql2 = "SELECT * FROM andriana WHERE surname LIKE '%?%'";

Then prepare() your statement, binding the variable you want, and execute() it. See http://www.php.net/manual/en/mysqli.quickstart.prepared-statements.php for more discussion.

Second, the % wildcard stands for "any characters", but it is positional, which means you should include it at the beginning of your LIKE argument, as above ("%?%").

Finally, a potential issue: LIKE is not always case insensitive. I think mySQL does case-insensitive LIKEs, but there may be a configuration there that you should set. When in doubt, either use an ILIKE or manually force a case-insensitive comparison by lowercasing both sides of your comparison.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(4条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 随身WiFi网络灯亮但是没有网络,如何解决?
  • ¥15 gdf格式的脑电数据如何处理matlab
  • ¥20 重新写的代码替换了之后运行hbuliderx就这样了
  • ¥100 监控抖音用户作品更新可以微信公众号提醒
  • ¥15 UE5 如何可以不渲染HDRIBackdrop背景
  • ¥70 2048小游戏毕设项目
  • ¥20 mysql架构,按照姓名分表