dsaeyrq451928 2017-07-11 16:49
浏览 82

在php中的异常中使用大量内存来尝试/捕获

For a particular page on a website, I was tasked to create a 'tables view' so that the site admins could see/add/edit/delete data from our tables. Since our database is riddled with foreign keys and I'm somewhat new at this (php + laravel), my implementation was as follows:

• Check which foreign keys exist for this table.
  • For each of those keys:
    • Load all the table (for that key) into an array mapping (key/value pair)
    • Go through all of the data to-be-transformed, and transform it using mapping
  • return

I did this to avoid multiple calls to the db, especially since the other tables were relatively small (so there were many repeated values).

Here's the problem I faced: In some instances, over long ranges, we were getting a memory exception (ie all memory consumed). After debugging, I found that my 12 MB of data is using 1.2GB of memory as a peak! I went through my function to figure out what's causing it, and I found the culprit:

// apply mapping to all entries

if($changed_value == true) {
        // for $i in count(data_column). $col is the foreign key (id) in the $raw_data.
             try {
                 $final_data[$i]->{$new_col_name} = $mapping[$raw_data[$i]->{$col}];
             } catch (\Exception $e) {
                 $final_data[$i]->{$new_col_name} = $raw_data[$i]->{$col};
             }
    } 

I didn't want the load times to be long, so I didn't check if the id exists in the mapping, opting to instead wrap it in a try-catch and just put the id as is if it fails (ie without mapping the id to the value). The memory footprint before this loop was only 24MB, and it increased to around 240MB after it, but only when the catch happened often. I fixed this problem by simply checking if the data was null before applying the mapping, and the max memory used went down from > 1GB to < 40MB.

I have obviously solved the problem, but I don't understand why it happened especially since the extra memory was removed after for the next foreign key (best bet: on exception, either the stack trace is stored for reasons, or the program is stored as an entry point).

So as for the question:

1. Why does this happen? Where are other cases where it could happen so I can be aware of it in advance?
  • 写回答

0条回答 默认 最新

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 win2012磁盘空间不足,c盘正常,d盘无法写入
    • ¥15 用土力学知识进行土坡稳定性分析与挡土墙设计
    • ¥70 PlayWright在Java上连接CDP关联本地Chrome启动失败,貌似是Windows端口转发问题
    • ¥15 帮我写一个c++工程
    • ¥30 Eclipse官网打不开,官网首页进不去,显示无法访问此页面,求解决方法
    • ¥15 关于smbclient 库的使用
    • ¥15 微信小程序协议怎么写
    • ¥15 c语言怎么用printf(“\b \b”)与getch()实现黑框里写入与删除?
    • ¥20 怎么用dlib库的算法识别小麦病虫害
    • ¥15 华为ensp模拟器中S5700交换机在配置过程中老是反复重启