doulu7174 2019-05-23 17:26
浏览 57
已采纳

截断Wordpress上的日期对象

When my website shows a snippet of a blog post through any widget, it displays the featured image, the title, the first characters of the text itself and the date the post was made.

Inside Wordpress' content.php, it shows the date using the_time(), like this:

<div class="date-box">
     <div class="day"><?php the_time('d'); ?></div>
     <div class="month"><?php the_time('M'); ?></div>
</div>

The parameter 'M' passed in the function the_time() is supposed to give PHP the month written with only 3 characters (January would be JAN, February would be FEB and so on). In my native language (which is portuguese) it gets the months, obviously, in portuguese: January is Janeiro, February is Fevereiro... which doesn't matter for the_time('M'), it truncates it the same way.

My problem is that the month May is Maio in portuguese, a 4-letter month. Upon passing it to PHP, for some obscure reason, it doesn't get truncated. It keeps it Maio, which obviously prejudices my layout. I'm not a PHP developer, but I did a little research and tried a workaround inside the content.php, but it doesn't work:
<div class="month">
<?php
    $t = the_time('M');
    if(strlen($t) > 3){
       echo mb_strimwidth($t, 0, 3);
    }else{
       echo $t;
    };
?></div>

It might even be syntax issues, because I really don't know PHP, but it seems that I might need it to solve this problem. Am I going the right way here? I appreciate any help you give me!

TL;DR: I need to truncate a 4-letter date into a 3-letter one and pass it back to HTML.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dpdyh86002 2019-05-23 18:08
    关注

Wordpress' the_*() functions all echo their output directly and don't return anything, so you can't assign the value to a variable. You're looking for get_the_time().

The rest of your code looks like it should work just fine.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 RPA正常跑,cmd输入cookies跑不出来
  • ¥15 求帮我调试一下freefem代码
  • ¥15 matlab代码解决,怎么运行
  • ¥15 R语言Rstudio突然无法启动
  • ¥15 关于#matlab#的问题:提取2个图像的变量作为另外一个图像像元的移动量,计算新的位置创建新的图像并提取第二个图像的变量到新的图像
  • ¥15 改算法,照着压缩包里边,参考其他代码封装的格式 写到main函数里
  • ¥15 用windows做服务的同志有吗
  • ¥60 求一个简单的网页(标签-安全|关键词-上传)