dongye1942 2013-04-17 14:39
浏览 91
已采纳

PDO连接首先查询延迟

I have a site which uses PHP's PDO library to access a mysql database. The mysql database is highly optimised and has all the suitable indexes to make the queries fast and so on. I am encountering some strange behaviour though in relation to the first query to run for a particular web service.

This particular web-service runs a query against the database and returns a json response which is then fed to a jquery auto-complete.

The query upon first run in a client takes approx 2s to run, after which it drops to hundredths of a second, presumably due to innodb caching.

If I type in an entry in the auto-complete box during a new session then the first query response can take upwards of 5 seconds after which it becomes blisteringly fast to return responses. If I then leave the site for a good period i.e. perhaps an hour(not an exact measure but for the sake of argument, a relatively long period of time) and come back to it the same slow first query behaviour is observed again.

I am using a persistent connection out of necessity and owing to a finite number of connections on the server in connection.

I was wondering if any of you had any ideas which might allow me to mitigate the initial delay a bit more.

$DBH = null;

$host = "127.0.0.1";
$db_name = "my_db";
$user_name = "me";
$pass_word = "something";

try {
  # MySQL with PDO_MYSQL
  $DBH = new PDO("mysql:host=$host;dbname=$db_name;charset=utf8", $user_name, $pass_word, array(PDO::ATTR_PERSISTENT => true, PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_INIT_COMMAND => "SET NAMES 'utf8'"));
  $DBH->setAttribute( PDO::ATTR_ERRMODE, PDO::ERRMODE_EXCEPTION );
}
catch(PDOException $e) {
    error_log( $e->getMessage(), 0 );
}

Updated with answer

Right guys after much testing and after thoroughly checking that it was not a dns issue, I went checking the innodb buffer pool route. Anyway I wrote a stored procedure which uses a query to generate a a query for each table in the database which would thus cause them to be cached in the innodb_buffer_pool. The query to generate the sql queries for each table is from the following SO question. I made only one edit to that query and put in the database() function so that it would work from whichever database it was called from.

I also set it up so that it can be called via PHP without waiting for the script to complete so your normal application continues on.

I hope this helps someone out. As an aside to be even more efficient you cold wrap the exec in a small function to only run it at certain times and so on.

MySQL stored procedure SQL

DELIMITER $$

USE `your_db_name`$$

DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS `innodb_buffer_pool_warm_up`$$

CREATE DEFINER=`user_name`@`localhost` PROCEDURE `innodb_buffer_pool_warm_up`()
BEGIN
DECLARE done INT DEFAULT FALSE;
DECLARE sql_query VARCHAR(1000) DEFAULT NULL;
DECLARE sql_cursor CURSOR FOR
SELECT 
  CONCAT('SELECT `',MIN(c.COLUMN_NAME),'` FROM `',c.TABLE_NAME,'` WHERE `',MIN(c.COLUMN_NAME),'` IS NOT NULL')
FROM
  information_schema.COLUMNS AS c
LEFT JOIN (
  SELECT DISTINCT
    TABLE_SCHEMA,TABLE_NAME,COLUMN_NAME
  FROM
    information_schema.KEY_COLUMN_USAGE
) AS k
USING
  (TABLE_SCHEMA,TABLE_NAME,COLUMN_NAME)
WHERE
  c.TABLE_SCHEMA = DATABASE()
  AND k.COLUMN_NAME IS NULL
GROUP BY
  c.TABLE_NAME;
DECLARE CONTINUE HANDLER FOR NOT FOUND SET done = TRUE;
OPEN sql_cursor;
read_loop: LOOP
    FETCH sql_cursor INTO sql_query;
    IF done THEN
      LEAVE read_loop;
    END IF;

SET @stmt_sql = sql_query;
PREPARE stmt FROM @stmt_sql;
EXECUTE stmt;

END LOOP;
CLOSE sql_cursor;
END$$
DELIMITER ;

PHP to call the stored procedure

innodb_warm_up_proc_call.php

<?php
$DBH = null;

$host = "localhost";
$db_name = "your_db_name";
$user_name = "user_name";
$pass_word = "password";

try {
  # MySQL with PDO_MYSQL
  $DBH = new PDO("mysql:host=$host;dbname=$db_name;charset=utf8", $user_name, $pass_word, array(PDO::ATTR_PERSISTENT => true, PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_INIT_COMMAND => "SET NAMES 'utf8'"));
  $DBH->setAttribute( PDO::ATTR_ERRMODE, PDO::ERRMODE_EXCEPTION );

$sql = "CALL innodb_buffer_pool_warm_up()";
  $STH = $DBH->prepare( $sql );
  $STH->execute();

}catch( PDOException $e ) {
        error_log( $e->getMessage() . ' in ' .$e->getFile(). ' on line ' .$e->getLine(), 0 );
    }
?>

PHP to run the above script silently and without waiting for it to complete

innodb_warm_up.php

<?php

$file_to_execute = dirname(__FILE__) . "/innodb_warm_up_proc_call.php";

//Run the stored procedure but don't wait around for a chat
exec("php -f {$file_to_execute} >/dev/null 2>&1 &");

?>
  • 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• doulangpeng3933 2013-04-22 09:56
    关注

Thanks for all the help and great suggestions on this one. I thoroughly checked the dns and other solutions but in the end it turned out to be the innodb page buffer pool. I have coded up a solution for myself and have added it in its entirety in my question above so hopefully it will be of use. Thanks again for the help.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 stata安慰剂检验作图但是真实值不出现在图上
  • ¥15 c程序不知道为什么得不到结果
  • ¥40 复杂的限制性的商函数处理
  • ¥15 程序不包含适用于入口点的静态Main方法
  • ¥15 素材场景中光线烘焙后灯光失效
  • ¥15 请教一下各位,为什么我这个没有实现模拟点击
  • ¥15 执行 virtuoso 命令后,界面没有,cadence 启动不起来