dongyinzhi4689 2009-07-03 23:58
浏览 5
已采纳

SQL / PHP:表设计问题

I have two tables, one called "cart" and one called "items". Now I want cart to be able to store a list of "items" and quantities. So I created another table "cart_items" that has a field for the id of the template, the id of the item and the quantity.

Is this good design, or should I add another field for the id of the "cart_item"? Or is there better way to do this all together? I'm just running in trouble when I try to update my cart my cart items don't update correctly. What I'm having to do is delete all the "cart_items" attached to a cart and then re-add each "cart_item" and I can't help but think there has to be a better way to do this.

• 写回答

4条回答 默认 最新

• dsuvs66406 2009-07-04 00:08
    关注

That's very good design.

In ER (entity relationship) terms there is a many-to-many relationship between items and carts. By that I mean an item can appear in many different carts and a cart can contain many different items. "Many" in this context means "a variable number that can be more than one".

Your cart_items table is what's called a join table and you need it to model many-to-many relationships. Added a quantity field also makes sense as does putting it on cart_items.

You have two choices when it comes to the key:

1. Make (cart_id, item_id) the primary key. This is called a composite primary key; or
    2. Creating an auto increment field called id. If you do this make (cart_id, item_id) a unique index to enforce uniqueness.

Either choice is valid. Personally I prefer (2). You should also have a unique index on (item_id, cart_id) in all likelihood.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(3条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 多电路系统共用电源的串扰问题
  • ¥15 shape_predictor_68_face_landmarks.dat
  • ¥15 slam rangenet++配置
  • ¥15 有没有研究水声通信方面的帮我改俩matlab代码
  • ¥15 对于相关问题的求解与代码
  • ¥15 ubuntu子系统密码忘记
  • ¥15 信号傅里叶变换在matlab上遇到的小问题请求帮助