dpwtr666638 2017-09-17 04:18
浏览 198
已采纳

UNION与UNION ALL的表现

I am selecting a single column of foreign keys from multiple tables through either UNION or UNION ALL.

It is generally recommended to use UNION ALL instead of UNION for performance issues when duplicates do not matter. However, in my calling PHP script it would be more efficient to loop through and manipulate the data without duplicates.

So, I can use either of the following options:

Option 1:

Use UNION in the database to eliminate duplicates

Option 2:

use UNION ALL in the database and eliminate the data in my PHP script using array_unique() or other similar functions.

My assumption is that Option 1 would be the preferred and more efficient method in the majority of cases, however I have nothing to back up that assumption, and not sure the best way to test it especially since it would likely depend a lot on what the data was.

Is my assumption correct in most cases? If so, why? If not, why not?

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dongpouda6700 2017-09-17 06:25
    关注

The mainly aspect is that UNION is shortcut for UNION DISTINCT and so

the difference in performance between UNION and UNION ALL are related to the
    need to obtain a distinct result and for this the database engine and the query optimizer are surely more effective and most efficient than the filtring alogoritm based on PHP code in application.

The dictinct Operation can, moreover, benefit from the pre-optimizations for group by functionality

Not only, the duplicate data filtering is generally based on ordered data while the select sql functions work without explicit ordering, and therefore the need for filtering data with the application can lead to less efficient and more longer queries.

Generally the db engine is much more efficient that application PHP functions code so the Option 1 is generally the better choise

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 素材场景中光线烘焙后灯光失效
  • ¥15 请教一下各位,为什么我这个没有实现模拟点击
  • ¥15 执行 virtuoso 命令后,界面没有,cadence 启动不起来
  • ¥50 comfyui下连接animatediff节点生成视频质量非常差的原因
  • ¥20 有关区间dp的问题求解
  • ¥15 多电路系统共用电源的串扰问题
  • ¥15 slam rangenet++配置