douyanjing0822 2014-08-06 11:23
浏览 76
已采纳

在MySQL中存储不正确的密码尝试(可能是纯文本)的缺点

As a security feature on a PHP website I am creating I plan to record password attempts in a table for a low traffic website. (Correct passwords are salted and stored with non reversible encryption.)

This is to temporarily and permanently in some cases block users and IPs based on their number of attempts within a time range and their location.

I plan to store incorrect usernames and passwords in plain text or with reversible (asymetric) encryption.

A user who has a typo in their username may have their correct password stored, so...

Is this an awful idea? If so, why and what would you recommend? Reversible encryption?

I am inclined to store incorrect attempts as I am interested to see what incorrect passwords bots use to brute force so I can prevent their use.

(I currently block users from using the 100 most common passwords from the famous adobe hack along with a few others.)

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• duanrui3480 2014-08-06 11:30
    关注

I'd say this is awful, for the reasons you stated but also because many users may have several passwords they always use and will try each of these if they can't remember their password.

Reversible encryption is not much better. Anyone with access to the passwords likely has access to whatever is doing the decryption and encryption.

I would advise against this altogether and rather try to encourage good passwords rather than preventing bad ones.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥100 三相直流充电模块对数字电源芯片在物理上它必须具备哪些功能和性能?
  • ¥30 数字电源对DSP芯片的具体要求
  • ¥20 antv g6 折线边如何变为钝角
  • ¥30 如何在Matlab或Python中 设置饼图的高度
  • ¥15 nginx中的CORS策略应该如何配置
  • ¥30 信号与系统实验:采样定理分析
  • ¥100 我想找人帮我写Python 的股票分析代码,有意请加mathtao