dongzhenjian5195 2010-12-07 20:58
浏览 57
已采纳

我应该使用自定义Oracle函数还是PHP来处理这个HTML字符串结构?

While implementing the code from this question on my project I realized there's 3 way I can accomplish something but I have no idea which one is better. Is there a performance again using one over the other? Is that performance worth the more complicated implementation? That's the kind of stuff I want to know.

Although I did not specify, that question was about selecting a movie info from a table and join every genre in a single column separated by commas. Now, I need those genres to be clickable in my code so I can filter by the clicked genre.

I thought of 3 ways to do this:

Solution 1)

Use 1 SELECT query and the function on that other question than use PHP to build the HTML string. Something like this:

$genres = explode(',', $info['GENRES']);
$count = count($genres);

for($i = 0; $i < $count; $i++) {
    $genres[$i] = '<a href="#">'.$genres[$i].'</a>';
}

$info['GENRES'] = implode(' | ', $genres);

Then I realized I'm missing the genre ID so I can easily create a link to filter by that genre and I thought of changing the Oracle function to include it. How? By creating a JSON string (ie: {"1":"Action","2":"Crime","5":"Thriller"}, the function can easily be modified for this) and it's a simple matter of adapting the code above accordingly.

Solution 2)

Use 2 SELECT statements and completely ignore the function on that other question. One query to select the movie info, the other to select all genres (id and name) associated to that movie. Then PHP would do the rest to build the HTML code string.

Solution 3)

Simply use 1 SELECT query and the Oracle function adapted to construct the whole string by itself. Meaning, the PHP code would be as simple as executing the SQL statement. The Oracle function would prepare the whole HTML string.

Now, this solution may not work as I really need it, rendering it irrelevant. But I don't know that cause I'm not sure how exactly I'm going to build those HTML links to filter by genre, haven't really thought about it yet. Well, in PHP I can always do it, one way or another, not sure I can do the same in an Oracle function.

Still, let's assume it's possible, I believe it is.

Which solution should I go for?

Is there any reason, in this situation, for the Oracle function to do all the work (or vice-versa)? Given this, should I go with solution 3 or solution 1/2?

If solution 1/2 is the better way, which one should I go for? Solution 1 has 1 SELECT in the PHP code but another in the Oracle function. Solution 2 has 2 SELECTs in the PHP code. Is there a performance gain on one over the other or they are basically the same? If so, which one is better?

Solution 1 has a simpler PHP code but introduces a slightly more complicated code for the Oracle function. In the other hand, solution 2 has no Oracle function code at all and the PHP code will increase in size/complexity, not by much though.

I'm inclined towards solution 1, but would love to hear your thoughts.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• douweida2669 2010-12-07 21:03
    关注

My vote is for solution #2. Yes, you will have more actual data retrievals, but your data is being used in a much more normalized manner. There's nothing stopping you from creating an array from the second retrieval and creating a Comma-Sep list with explode().

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 使用yolov5-7.0目标检测报错
  • ¥15 对于这个问题的解释说明
  • ¥200 询问:python实现大地主题正反算的程序设计,有偿
  • ¥15 smptlib使用465端口发送邮件失败
  • ¥200 总是报错,能帮助用python实现程序实现高斯正反算吗?有偿
  • ¥15 对于squad数据集的基于bert模型的微调
  • ¥15 为什么我运行这个网络会出现以下报错?CRNN神经网络