duanhui7329 2017-06-20 21:01
浏览 74

如何保护wp-login免受apache / nginx攻击

I would like to ask you if you know any method in apache or nginx to restrict the access to wp-login, but not for the whole server. What I mean is:

For example there is a server with Apache/Nginx and there are a lot of hits to wp-login.php /xmrlpc.php or admin-ajax.php . The load of the server is getting really high if I do not deny the access via .htaccess file for the whole server. Is there any configuration or software (not wp plugins) which might help in my case? For example if its possible to restrict the access if the same IP is hitting wp-login.php more than X(number) times?

Thank you in advance!

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• duanmeng3573 2017-06-24 02:40
    关注

It sounds like you're looking for Nginx rate limiting.

Below is an excerpt from my blog about how to configure rate limiting in Nginx specifically for wp-login.php.

Using Rate Limiting in Nginx

Nginx has some great documentation on how to implement rate limiting, but I am going to provide an example of how to optimize it for WordPress. Setting up rate limiting in Nginx is simple, and only requires two components:

1. We must define a zone in the main nginx.conf file.
    2. We must implement that zone in the WordPress login location block. To define the zone, we use limit_req_zone and, optionally, limit_req_status. These directives go inside the http block of the main nginx.conf configuration file.

The code:

http {
        limit_req_zone $binary_remote_addr zone=wordpress:10m rate=15r/m;
        limit_req_status 429;
    }

The above snippet defines a 10 MB zone named “wordpress” that allows a maximum of 15 requests per minute from any one IP address. The limit_req_zone requires a variable, or key. In this case, the key is $binary_remote_addr, or the IP address of the client. Nginx will use a maximum of 10 MB of memory to store the keys, and if a key exceeds the maximum number of allowed requests, Nginx will terminate the connection and return the status code defined in limit_req_status. The default code is 503 Service Unavailable, but I prefer the more specific 429 Too Many Requests response. Keep in mind that Nginx will display a blank page to the client for non-standard HTTP codes if you have not set a custom error page using the error_page directive.

You can name the zone anything you want (it is named “wordpress” in the example above) and you can also define any rate limit you feel is appropriate. I found that allowing a maximum of 15 requests per minute is restrictive enough to severely hamper a brute-force attack but is permissive enough not to interfere with end-users who legitimately mistyped their passwords.

To actually use the zone, we must implement it by adding this code to the WordPress login location block:

location = /wp-login.php {
        limit_req zone=wordpress;
        # add your PHP fastcgi config here
    }

This tells Nginx to limit requests to the /wp-login.php page using the parameters specified in the zone we defined above. Make sure you replace “wordpress” with whatever you named your zone in the previous step. Restart or reload Nginx and rapidly refresh your login page to test if the new brute-force protection is working. If you refresh faster than the rate you defined in limit_req_zone, the server will return the status code defined in limit_req_status.

Obligatory note: if you’ve read other guides on how to set up rate limiting with Nginx, you may have seen other syntaxes used, such as limit_req zone=one burst=1 nodelay. The burst and nodelay options are more complex and allow you to control what happens to excess requests. They are not necessary in this context, since we want any excess brute-force attempts to be immediately rejected, but I would highly encourage you to read the documentation for them here.

Source: https://blog.arnonerba.com/2016/07/server-logs-explained-part-3

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 我的数据无法存进链表里
  • ¥15 神经网络预测均方误差很小 但是图像上看着差别太大
  • ¥15 Oracle中如何从clob类型截取特定字符串后面的字符
  • ¥15 想通过pywinauto自动电机应用程序按钮,但是找不到应用程序按钮信息
  • ¥15 如何在炒股软件中,爬到我想看的日k线
  • ¥15 seatunnel 怎么配置Elasticsearch
  • ¥15 PSCAD安装问题 ERROR: Visual Studio 2013, 2015, 2017 or 2019 is not found in the system.
  • ¥15 (标签-MATLAB|关键词-多址)
  • ¥15 关于#MATLAB#的问题,如何解决?(相关搜索:信噪比,系统容量)
  • ¥500 52810做蓝牙接受端