douyan2680 2017-05-03 04:13
浏览 13
已采纳

too long

I recently obtained a domain and website through bluehost. They have Wordpress installed and I am unable to figure out how to bypass it so I can code old school. I would really rather learn Wordpress but don't know where to start.

So two questions:

1. what wordpress files are blocking me from the site recognizing the usual Default page's code? (I create test html in Default which is bypassed somehow and will only show Wordpress default page in progress; my code is not overwritten; just ignored?)

2. I'd be happy to learn myself, but don't know a good resource. Went to Wordpress site and they have free webpage I can play with. Should I just get the free one in order to learn whats what...or is that going to be dumbed down and different than having it installed in webhost site?

I am a fairly advanced programmer and feel that I should be able to pick this up rather quickly if I can only get past this first hurdle.

Thank you for any information or suggestions.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• douji9184 2017-05-03 04:32
    关注

What loads by default at a domain (ex: www.yoursite.com) is controlled by the web server which uses a configurable list of filenames like index.html, index.php, Default.aspx etc. You can learn more about how that works here.

Normally, your web host will allow you to have some control over that list, and the precedence one file takes over another when the web server refers to the list. Perhaps you have an administrative interface or dashboard control which allows you to configure this for your site. If not, you'll have to contact support at your web host to have changes made to that list.

1) Nothing is blocking you from seeing a page on your web server at a specific address, only from allowing one page or another to be what loads by default at the root web address, as explained above. If you have FTP access to your website directory, and can upload a file there, you can still browse directly to it, even though the WordPress installation's default page is showing up at your root web address. Just enter the specific file name in your browser, and you will browse to that page, ex: www.mysite.com/somepageicreated.html

2) Learning is always good either way, but you either want to learn to make WordPress sites or you want to learn to make your own websites. I'll assume WordPress for now, since you mentioned a preference for that platform. Just remember though: working with WordPress sites is not making your own website, it is changing a WordPress template to be as close as possible to what you want your website to be. This may or may not suit your requirements.

Playing with a free example from WordPress can be very useful for picking up the basics. Once you've played there for awhile and feel a bit more aware of how things work, take what you've learned and apply it to shaping your own site into what you'd like. Just remember to always create a backup of anything you mess with, so you can always return to an earlier state if you really mess things up good :)

Good luck!

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 基于卷积神经网络的声纹识别
  • ¥15 Python中的request,如何使用ssr节点,通过代理requests网页。本人在泰国,需要用大陆ip才能玩网页游戏,合法合规。
  • ¥100 为什么这个恒流源电路不能恒流?
  • ¥15 有偿求跨组件数据流路径图
  • ¥15 写一个方法checkPerson,入参实体类Person,出参布尔值
  • ¥15 我想咨询一下路面纹理三维点云数据处理的一些问题,上传的坐标文件里是怎么对无序点进行编号的,以及xy坐标在处理的时候是进行整体模型分片处理的吗
  • ¥15 CSAPPattacklab