drzbc6003 2014-12-03 07:14
浏览 37
已采纳

你什么时候使用mysqli和ssl(ssl_set)

When would you use OR for what reasons would you use mysqli with ssl?

I currently have a website setup for use with SSL, so is having SSL not enough to protect user data?

I currently use mysql and will soon be converting my code for use with mysqli, but I am confused on what advantage using mysqli with ssl_set function gives me if I am already using SSL? In my case, would this even be necessary?

Thanks!

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• doukao8851 2014-12-03 07:35
    关注

SSL is required for getting data from point A to B securely so it can't be viewed by an attacker on insecure networks.

MySQL has support for SSL for the actual connection to the database.

When you visit your bank online, you sure want that data over SSL so it can't be seen while going over networks you don't control/trust.

If your database connections are also going over networks you don't control/trust you want to use SSL.

That being said, it is rare to find a hosting company that supports SSL MySQL connections and generally the weak link is going to be your web application that if hacked has a direct route to the DB and the credentials available in config files.

If you are doing anything with sensitive enough information you will have to find a competent managed provider or build out your own infrastructure to ensure security.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥50 comfyui下连接animatediff节点生成视频质量非常差的原因
  • ¥20 有关区间dp的问题求解
  • ¥15 多电路系统共用电源的串扰问题
  • ¥15 slam rangenet++配置
  • ¥15 有没有研究水声通信方面的帮我改俩matlab代码
  • ¥15 ubuntu子系统密码忘记
  • ¥15 信号傅里叶变换在matlab上遇到的小问题请求帮助
  • ¥15 保护模式-系统加载-段寄存器