dpt62283 2013-09-28 00:27
浏览 33

如何避免PHP中的一些SQL查询?

I am developing a PHP web app with jQuery and Twitter Bootstrap. And it uses AJAX for everything. So, I show a form in HTML5, the user press a button (class="btn"), the form is sent to PHP (jQuery, AJAX), PHP makes a query to the MySQL and echoes an answer, which is shown in the form (jQuery). This is basically how the web app works.

But here's the deal, the first form it is showed, it's a div that shows some news. For example:

A new user was created.
 There is new important date.
 Someone wants to text you.

So I've created a table in MySQL called News where I saved some values than mean something like:

1: A new user was created

Everytime the user log in will se that. It means that there will be a query and a response as soon as the HTML5 get loaded when a user log in.

The index.html file has a navbar (Bootstrap), and a option call News. When the user clicks it, the same query will be executed, but not necessarily the same response.

I thought in modifying the div with news whenever the user does an action. But, an action can also be done by another user. So it is necessary to make the query again!

Is there any solution that allows me to avoid querying the database when the user wants to get the news? Or how can I know that it is necessary to update the div right now? I was taking a look at caching queries but didn't arrive to a conclution.

Sorry if my english is not too good, it is not my native language.

Thank you.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dou91808 2013-09-28 00:55
    关注

You can send a timestamp in every news response from the server and save it in javascript. The next time you make a request, send the timestamp you saved and the server checks if there are more recent news, sending nothing if there is none as the last response is still the newest.

Well, there is a downside here, you still need to make a query to the database (filtring the results with a WHERE clause like 'WHERE ... TIMESTAMP > last_timestamp_from_browser') which is perfectly valid, SGBDs are designed for this, and if you don't have thousands of users accessing your website at the same time there will not be any problem. With this approach you will only save bandwitdh as the connection to the database is still made.

There is another way that prevents this connection from being made, cache some values of last news inserted which could be user specific or global and save them in APC module (or memcached). You'll need to discover what to cache and when (you can't cache the entire database, just some well organized timestamps and maybe the most requested news for example). This way you prevent the database connection from being made. This will force you to do many many more code, so, use it only if you really need it, like thousands of user connections at once.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥50 切换TabTip键盘的输入法
  • ¥15 可否在不同线程中调用封装数据库操作的类
  • ¥15 微带串馈天线阵列每个阵元宽度计算
  • ¥15 keil的map文件中Image component sizes各项意思
  • ¥20 求个正点原子stm32f407开发版的贪吃蛇游戏
  • ¥15 划分vlan后,链路不通了?
  • ¥20 求各位懂行的人,注册表能不能看到usb使用得具体信息,干了什么,传输了什么数据
  • ¥15 Vue3 大型图片数据拖动排序
  • ¥15 Centos / PETGEM