dousuowu4610 2012-10-26 07:30
浏览 47
已采纳

使用CMS(Wordpress)还是从头开始? [关闭]

I am sure this topic has been discussed here before but I would like a personal feedback on whether it's worth my time and energy going the Wordpress way for this site: http://www.liturgycentrebandra.org/

It's a Catholic church based site and as you can see there sections where articles might come up regularly but it also has sections, like the Media / Books, which MIGHT need a look of their own.

I call myself a 'web developer' in quotes because I am a self taught beginner for HTML and CSS. The contact us page was created by getting a readymade PHP script and I see the gallery tab would need something like that too.

My friend told me to learn PHP since that would give me more control instead of Wordpress since they would have 'content management templates' that won't give me enough freedom to do what I want. I remember when I was new to webdesigning and I spent hours trying to figure out Dreamweaver and then ended up getting things done faster just handcoding in notepad!

So, sorry if this is a ramble but I greatly appreciate any thorough feedback on what I should do. Someone mentioned that http://online.wsj.com/public/page/magazine-index.html?mg=blogs-wsj is made in Wordpress. I think that's impressive. But would a PHP,HTML, and CSS guy have done the work faster or Wordpress guy? Also, websites like Wallbase.cc are an inspiration to me since it seems the creator just learnt all the various tricks by hanging around sites like HERE.

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• doucu5836 2012-10-26 07:45
    关注

WordPress has a CMS side to it too and is widely used in the development community. I wouldn't strike it off the list of possibilities for any site.

In terms of what you want to do I would say it would work well but you'll need to be comfortable with editing HTML and CSS to customise the look. Creating themes from scratch can be quite tricky so I wouldn't go that route if you're a newbie.

Drupal has an extensive library of themes that you can look through with more added daily so that could be a good option but you'll need to get to grips with PHP to get it going and it has a learning curve. There are many books available though, see this site

Similarly Joomla has a large libraries of themes but again requires customisation.

Overall I'd go with what you're most comfortable with but using code to create something from scratch is still the most flexible option as you are creating exactly what you want and the forums and docs for each language will give you great support.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 基于卷积神经网络的声纹识别
  • ¥15 Python中的request,如何使用ssr节点,通过代理requests网页。本人在泰国,需要用大陆ip才能玩网页游戏,合法合规。
  • ¥100 为什么这个恒流源电路不能恒流?
  • ¥15 有偿求跨组件数据流路径图
  • ¥15 写一个方法checkPerson,入参实体类Person,出参布尔值
  • ¥15 我想咨询一下路面纹理三维点云数据处理的一些问题,上传的坐标文件里是怎么对无序点进行编号的,以及xy坐标在处理的时候是进行整体模型分片处理的吗
  • ¥15 CSAPPattacklab