dpqvwgr74759 2014-03-18 00:39
浏览 39
已采纳

作曲家包的Git工作流程?

I've been developing a lot of packages for composer recently, as our company is moving to composer for package management, but I'm running into issues with how to handle versions.

I've been using the git workflow, with tagged releases, but this means I can't go back to a previous major or minor release and make a patch release for it. I also have been running into issues with understanding how tagged development/beta/RC releases work with composer.

I've seen other projects use branch aliases, and I think it might solve these issues for me, but after reading the composer docs on them I still don't feel like I understand how to practically use them.

Does anyone with more experience using composer have tips/tricks on how best to version a git package repository?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• drwghu6386 2014-03-18 02:02
    关注

1. Source Control of Composer project

I normally ignore the vendor directory using .gitignore. Indeed, this is so common that .gitignore file comes with most PHP framework would have already included the vendor directory.

Upon release, some of the steps will be:

• checkout or clone from release branch/tag,
    • update composer ( self update )
    • composer install ( install all dependencies into the vendor directory )

2. Composer versoining/stability/alias confusion

Yes this is confusing, I think the most confusing part is where versions come from, and it is not easy found in the online docs. Versions come from source control's branches and tags

• a Tag name is the exact version name. if you have a tag called 'xx', you can reference it in the package.json file as 'xx'. if your tag follows the semantic naming convention (e.g. 1.0.1 or v1.0.1), you can refer to it using semantic syntax like ~1.0.*.
    • tags are 'stable' UNLESS their semantic names contains somethings like 'RC1', 'RC2', 'alpha' etc. (e.g. 1.0.1-rc1, 1.0.1-alpha) In those cases they can be referenced by 1.0.1@RC or 1.0.1@alpha.
    • branches are not 'stable' by default, numbered branch will be treated as development version. e.g. branch 2.0 will be referenced as 2.0.x-dev (note the extra .x ); Non-numbered branch name will be referenced with be prefixed with 'dev-'. i.e. 'master' branch becomes dev-master and 'testing' branch becomes dev-testing.
    • Branch alias is used, for example, when you want to treat the master branch as 2.0.x@dev. You might want to use the dev-master branch of package ABC but it happens that one of the packages you used in your project depends on the 2.0 branch of package ABC. As you can only use one version of package ABC in your project, you basically ask all other packages to use the dev-master when they want to use the 2.0.x@dev branch

Other issues like minimum-stability and nested dependencies are clear in the online docs and I am not repeating them here.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥30 matlab解优化问题代码
  • ¥15 写论文,需要数据支撑
  • ¥15 identifier of an instance of 类 was altered from xx to xx错误
  • ¥100 反编译微信小游戏求指导
  • ¥15 docker模式webrtc-streamer 无法播放公网rtsp
  • ¥15 学不会递归,理解不了汉诺塔参数变化
  • ¥15 基于图神经网络的COVID-19药物筛选研究
  • ¥30 软件自定义无线电该怎样使用
  • ¥15 R语言mediation包做中介分析,直接效应和间接效应都很小,为什么?
  • ¥15 Jenkins+k8s部署slave节点offline