douyin9987 2011-09-12 20:13
浏览 21

学说2 - i18n的最佳实践?

I'm looking for some advise on how to handle tables that need to have fields that must be translated into n languages. I have read that the best approach its to have one base-table that holds all the fields that are not language specific and one table that holds all fields with the translations.

Example:

PRODUCT             PRODUCT_TRANSLATIONS
+--------------+    +----------------------+
| id           |    | id                   |
| category_id  |    | product_id           |
| price        |    | language_id          |
                    | name                 |
                    +----------------------+
                    | description          |
                    +----------------------+

So we will have the base table PRODUCT that holds all the meta data and a PRODUCT_TRANSLATIONS table where all data is stored that need to be translated into multiple languages. The PRODUCT table has a OneToMany relationship to the PRODUCT_TRANSLATIONS table.

What would be the Doctrine-way to handle such a scenario? If I query the Products table, I would get all translations joined to this table. But most of the time I only want to have one translation for a given product id. I could use a repository class to write my own getter methods to limit the result set to one language only, but I will have a lot of tables that have fields that need to be translated. I bet there is a more generic solution to that problem. Another problem is, that if I query for one object that is related to another object, I will get all translations for that second object.

Btw: I'm aware of the Translatable behavior extension by Gediminas but I don't like the fact that all translations are stored into one table.

So I'm looking for any best practices when it comes to internationalisation. Any thought on this topic is highly appreciated.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dongzhuang6247 2011-09-12 20:29
    关注

The Translatable behavior extension you mentioned does allow a per-class translation entity. Check out the "Translation entity" subheader under the Advanced Examples section of the translatable doc.

The short of it is this: use the @Gedmo\TranslationEntity annotation to specify a particular entity to be used in storing translations. That way, you can split out the load into multiple tables.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 微信公众平台自制会员卡可以通过收款码收款码收款进行自动积分吗
  • ¥15 随身WiFi网络灯亮但是没有网络,如何解决?
  • ¥15 gdf格式的脑电数据如何处理matlab
  • ¥20 重新写的代码替换了之后运行hbuliderx就这样了
  • ¥100 监控抖音用户作品更新可以微信公众号提醒
  • ¥15 UE5 如何可以不渲染HDRIBackdrop背景
  • ¥70 2048小游戏毕设项目
  • ¥20 mysql架构,按照姓名分表
  • ¥15 MATLAB实现区间[a,b]上的Gauss-Legendre积分