duanping1920 2010-05-06 06:44
浏览 32

如何检查用户是否登录Web应用程序?

I want to learn the whole details of web application authentication. So, I decided to write a CodeIgniter authentication library from scratch. Now, I have to make design decision about how to determine whether one user is login.

Basically, after user input username & password pair. A cookie is set for this session, following navigations in the web application will not require username & password. The server side will check whether the session cookie is valid to determine whether current user is login. The question is: how to determine whether cookie is valid cookie issued from server side?

I can image the most simple way is to have the cookie value stored in session status as well. For each HTTP request, compare the value from cookie and the value from server session. (Since CodeIgniter session library store session variables in cookies, it is not applicable without some tweak.) This method requires storage in server side.

For huge web application that is deployed in multiple datacenters. It is possible that user input username & password when browsing in one datacenter, while he/she access the web application in another datacenter later. The expected behavior is that user just input username & password once. As a result, all datacenters should be able to access the session status. That is possible not applicable even the session status is stored in external storage such as database.

I tried Google. I login Google with Asian proxy which is supposed to direct me to datacenters in Asian. Then I switch to North American proxy which should direct me to datacenters in North America. It recognize my login without asking username and password again.

So, is there any way to determine whether user is login without server side session status?

• 写回答

4条回答 默认 最新

• douzi8112 2010-05-06 07:10
    关注

No, that's impossible.
    These datacenters is not isolated from each other but interconnected.
    It is distributed but solid "external storage such as database"

Cross-domain authorization is another matter but easily achieved too.

What's the use anyway of such an information - just the fact the user logged in, without any user options, credentials - anything? Why without a database on the server side?

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥20 求个正点原子stm32f407开发版的贪吃蛇游戏
  • ¥15 正弦信号发生器串并联电路电阻无法保持同步怎么办
  • ¥15 划分vlan后,链路不通了?
  • ¥20 求各位懂行的人,注册表能不能看到usb使用得具体信息,干了什么,传输了什么数据
  • ¥15 个人网站被恶意大量访问,怎么办
  • ¥15 Vue3 大型图片数据拖动排序
  • ¥15 Centos / PETGEM
  • ¥15 划分vlan后不通了
  • ¥20 用雷电模拟器安装百达屋apk一直闪退