dongmi1663 2015-07-29 17:18
浏览 49
已采纳

为什么在Golang上迭代地图比在切片上迭代慢得多?

I was implementing a sparse matrix using a map in Golang and I noticed that my code started taking much longer to complete after this change, after dismissing other possible causes, seems that the culprit is the iteration on the map itself. Go Playground link (doesn't work for some reason).

package main

import (
    "fmt"
    "time"
    "math"
)

func main() {
    z := 50000000
    a := make(map[int]int, z)
    b := make([]int, z)

for i := 0; i < z; i++ {
        a[i] = i
        b[i] = i
    }

t0 := time.Now()
    for key, value := range a {
        if key != value { // never happens
            fmt.Println("a", key, value)
        }
    }
    d0 := time.Now().Sub(t0)

t1 := time.Now()
    for key, value := range b {
        if key != value { // never happens
            fmt.Println("b", key, value)
        }
    }
    d1 := time.Now().Sub(t1)

fmt.Println(
        "a:", d0,
        "b:", d1,
        "diff:", math.Max(float64(d0), float64(d1)) / math.Min(float64(d0), float64(d1)),
    )
}

Iterating over 50M items returns the following timings:

alix@local:~/Go/src$ go version
go version go1.3.3 linux/amd64
alix@local:~/Go/src$ go run b.go 
a: 1.195424429s b: 68.588488ms diff: 17.777154632611037

I wonder, why is iterating over a map almost 20x as slow when compared to a slice?

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• duancongduo4109 2015-07-29 17:27
    关注

This comes down to the representation in memory. How familiar are you with the representation of different data structures and the concept of algorithmic complexity? Iterating over an array or slice is simple. Values are contiguous in memory. However iterating over a map requires traversing the key space and doing lookups into the hash-table structure.

The dynamic ability of maps to insert keys of any value without using up tons of space allocating a sparse array, and the fact that look-ups can be done efficiently over the key space despite being not as fast as an array, are why hash tables are sometimes preferred over an array, although arrays (and slices) have a faster "constant" (O(1)) lookup time given an index.

It all comes down to whether you need the features of this or that data structure and whether you're willing to deal with the side-effects or gotchas involved.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 Vue3 大型图片数据拖动排序
  • ¥15 划分vlan后不通了
  • ¥15 GDI处理通道视频时总是带有白色锯齿
  • ¥20 用雷电模拟器安装百达屋apk一直闪退
  • ¥15 算能科技20240506咨询(拒绝大模型回答)
  • ¥15 自适应 AR 模型 参数估计Matlab程序
  • ¥100 角动量包络面如何用MATLAB绘制