elliott.david 2010-08-22 13:54 采纳率: 25%
浏览 3195
已采纳

如何在 r 中绘制两个直方图?

I am using R and I have two data frames: carrots and cucumbers. Each data frame has a single numeric column which lists the length of all measured carrots (total: 100k carrots) and cucumbers (total: 50k cucumbers).

I wish to plot two histogram - carrot length and cucumbers lengths - on the same plot. They overlap, so I guess I also need some transparency. I also need to use relative frequencies not absolute numbers since the number of instances in each group is different.

something like this would be nice but I don't understand how to create it from my two tables:

overlapped density

转载于:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3541713/how-to-plot-two-histograms-together-in-r

• 写回答

8条回答 默认 最新

• YaoRaoLov 2010-08-22 15:51
    关注

That image you linked to was for density curves, not histograms.

If you've been reading on ggplot then maybe the only thing you're missing is combining your two data frames into one long one.

So, let's start with something like what you have, two separate sets of data and combine them.

carrots <- data.frame(length = rnorm(100000, 6, 2))
    cukes <- data.frame(length = rnorm(50000, 7, 2.5))

#Now, combine your two dataframes into one.  First make a new column in each that will be a variable to identify where they came from later.
    carrots$veg <- 'carrot'
    cukes$veg <- 'cuke'

#and combine into your new data frame vegLengths
    vegLengths <- rbind(carrots, cukes)

After that, which is unnecessary if your data is in long formal already, you only need one line to make your plot.

ggplot(vegLengths, aes(length, fill = veg)) + geom_density(alpha = 0.2)

enter image description here

Now, if you really did want histograms the following will work. Note that you must change position from the default "stack" argument. You might miss that if you don't really have an idea of what your data should look like. A higher alpha looks better there. Also note that I made it density histograms. It's easy to remove the y = ..density.. to get it back to counts.

ggplot(vegLengths, aes(length, fill = veg)) + 
       geom_histogram(alpha = 0.5, aes(y = ..density..), position = 'identity')

enter image description here

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(7条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥30 Windows Server 2016利用兩張網卡處理兩個不同網絡
  • ¥15 Python中knn问题
  • ¥15 使用C#,asp.net读取Excel文件并保存到Oracle数据库
  • ¥15 C# datagridview 单元格显示进度及值
  • ¥15 thinkphp6配合social login单点登录问题
  • ¥15 HFSS 中的 H 场图与 MATLAB 中绘制的 B1 场 部分对应不上
  • ¥15 如何在scanpy上做差异基因和通路富集?
  • ¥20 关于#硬件工程#的问题,请各位专家解答!
  • ¥15 关于#matlab#的问题:期望的系统闭环传递函数为G(s)=wn^2/s^2+2¢wn+wn^2阻尼系数¢=0.707,使系统具有较小的超调量
  • ¥15 FLUENT如何实现在堆积颗粒的上表面加载高斯热源