dsf23223 2010-10-09 19:15
浏览 27
已采纳

php速度与if语句

So I'm working on a project written in old-style (no OOP) PHP with no full rewrite in the near future. One of the problems with it currently is that its slow—much of the time is spent requireing over 100 files based on where it is in the boot process.

I was wondering if we could condense this (on deployment, not development of course) into a single file or two with all the require'd text just built in. However, since there are so many lines of code that aren't used for each page, I'm wondering if doing this would backfire.

At its core, I think, it's a question of whether:

<?php
   echo 'hello world!';
?>

is any faster than

<?php
   if(FALSE) {
       // thousands of lines of code here
   }
   echo 'hello world!';
?>

And if so, how much slower?

(Also, if what I've outlined above is a bad idea for some other reasons, please let me know.)

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• dongquming3255 2010-10-09 19:27
    关注

The difference between the two will be negligible. If most of the execution time is currently spent requiring files you're likely to see a significant boost by using an optcode cache like APC, if you are not already.

Other than that - benchmark, find out exactly where the bottlenecks are. In my experience requires are often the slowest part of an old-style procedural PHP app, but even with many included files I'd be surprised if these all added up to a 'slow' app.

Edit: ok, a quick 'n dirty benchmark. I created three 'hello world' PHP scripts like the example. The first (basic.php) was just echoing the string. The second (complex.php) included an if false statement that contained ~5000 lines of PHP code pasted in from another app. The third (require.php) included the same if statement but required in the ~5000 lines of code from another file.

Page generation time (as measured by microtime()) between basic.php and complex.php was around ~0.000004 seconds, so really not significant. Some more comprehensive results from apache bench:

without APC         with APC
                    req/sec   avg (ms)  req/sec   avg (ms)
    basic.php:     7819.87     1.277    6960.49    1.437
    complex.php:    346.82     2.883     352.12    2.840
    require.php:   6819.24     1.446    5995.49    1.668

APC's not doing a lot here but using up memory, but it's likely to be a different picture in a real world app.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 ogg dd trandata 报错
  • ¥15 高缺失率数据如何选择填充方式
  • ¥50 potsgresql15备份问题
  • ¥15 Mac系统vs code使用phpstudy如何配置debug来调试php
  • ¥15 目前主流的音乐软件,像网易云音乐,QQ音乐他们的前端和后台部分是用的什么技术实现的?求解!
  • ¥60 pb数据库修改与连接
  • ¥15 spss统计中二分类变量和有序变量的相关性分析可以用kendall相关分析吗?
  • ¥15 拟通过pc下指令到安卓系统,如果追求响应速度,尽可能无延迟,是不是用安卓模拟器会优于实体的安卓手机?如果是,可以快多少毫秒?
  • ¥20 神经网络Sequential name=sequential, built=False
  • ¥16 Qphython 用xlrd读取excel报错