dsa80833 2016-06-08 12:22
浏览 71
已采纳

在不暴露后端的情况下在前端站点和后端站点之间进行有效通信

I'm trying to figure out whether my current approach will lead me into performance issues into the future, before developing further with this design, and whether there are better ways of doing this. I think this makes the most sense if I provide some context on the design first:

Current Design

I currently have my environment designed with two separate servers, let's call them frontend and backend.

1. Frontend

This server is open to the world. Customers access this site to view our product, make purchases, and will soon be able to view their account related information.

2. Backend

This server is where all information is held in a database.

Communication

The only way that the frontend currently needs access to the backend, is when the user authenticates with their license and downloads our product. To do this, the frontend calls a PHP script, which sends a JSON request to the backend server via curl_exec. The response from the backend tells the frontend how to handle that download request (e.g. license invalid).

Reasoning

The reason for this design is to avoid exposing the backend details to the user. Client-side, all the user sees is a request being sent to the frontend server. If the frontend server is ever compromised, anyone reading through how the frontend is built has no access to the backend DB, unless they know exactly what parameters to send to the backend API. Even then, it only gives access to a very low subset of information, depending on what the API exposes.

The Problem

The only time this cross-server communication happens right now is when a user tries to download our products using their license details. Relatively speaking, the traffic through this API between both servers is relatively low.

My concerns are that I want to build a user "control panel". From here they can log in with their license/account, they can view their active licenses, access details on previous orders they made, etc. This already means all these pieces of information are only available through the backend, so I'll need to expose them through the API - which is fine. The issue here is that every request the user makes through the control panel (even just refreshing the page) will build up a lot of traffic between both servers.

Questions

From the experience of developers here, is this communication design scalable? I'm worried I'm building around a bottleneck, which will just result in a slow user interface, since the frontend would end up waiting on a lot of requests it tunnelled through to the backend.

What are your thoughts? Has anyone faced a similar challenge? How did you overcome that challenge? What is the best practice to achieving this kind of requirement? I hope this question doesn't come across as too vague.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• douxing6532 2016-06-08 12:56
    关注

I would love to hear other answers but I will share my thoughts.

First, let's call your servers:

1. Application Server
    2. Database Server

It seems that you are worried about creating a bottleneck due to an increase in the amount of database queries. Since you mentioned that these queries would execute after a page refresh, it's clear that you are not using a cache of any sort. If you could cache the database queries and invalidate the cache only if the data has changed (i.e. the user's actions cause the data to change, so the cache should be cleared) then you will increase performance drastically.

If anyone gains access to your application server, they will most likely be able to access the database server with the user that you've allowed the application server to use. You should give this user as little permissions as necessary to use the API. Still, they may be able to access a lot depending on what your API allows and what you have cached on the application server.

Take a look at Laravel's cache API which allows you to use your cache in place of a database query. If the cache does not exist, the database query would be executed and cached. Then you would delete necessary cache's based on user actions. You can also asynchronously recache database requests so you don't prevent a response to the client if the data is not needed for that response.

I hope this helps.

UPDATE:

After discussing with you further, I better understand your dilemma. You are trying to increase the security of your application by requiring all API calls to go through an extra step of being initiated after a POST request. I agree that this is going to be a bottleneck as the application scales since you won't be able to take advantage of caching and every page request will result in database queries.

What I have done in a similar case is to separate the application server and database server except the database server is literally only a database server without any logic/scripts. PHP, for example, is not even installed on the database server. Database servers and applications servers are only connected via private networking, so database servers are only accessible via the application server. A safe user has been set up to use the remote database.

Since my database queries take a lot of time, I cache as much as possible.

Also consider using https://cloudflare.com It is a reverse proxy to the application server which adds another layer between the client (browser) and your application server. This way, only cloudflare has access to your application server, and only your application server has access to your database server via the safe database user you create.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 linux驱动,linux应用,多线程
  • ¥20 我要一个分身加定位两个功能的安卓app
  • ¥15 基于FOC驱动器,如何实现卡丁车下坡无阻力的遛坡的效果
  • ¥15 IAR程序莫名变量多重定义
  • ¥15 (标签-UDP|关键词-client)
  • ¥15 关于库卡officelite无法与虚拟机通讯的问题
  • ¥15 目标检测项目无法读取视频