doog1092 2014-02-12 02:12
浏览 46
已采纳

PHP - 在VPS上首次安装Laravel 4

Hey so I am completely new to Laravel 4 and have some basic questions regarding my first time installation that I was unable to find answers to anywhere else on-line. I am planning of hosting a standard website with a fully dynamic web back end and a RESTful API using the framework. I have been following this installation guide and am essentially at the part where I type laravel new projectDir and it creates a new instance of Laravel in the provided directory.

Now my main public directory is public_html, is it recommended to install Laravel 4 directly into that directory. So is something like laravel new public_html recommended? I have found many other questions here that seem to suggest that this is not the safest solution. Should I make a separate directory inside public_html, is it necessary for what I am planning on doing with laravel?

Also, I would like to keep my URL's as neat as possible and would like them primarily to be www.domain-name.com/pagename for the website. Will creating a directory inside of public_html disable me from doing so?

Lastly I had some issues with routing my URL's when I tried to install a different framework on this server. Are there any server/Apache settings that would impact how URL's are routed with laravel that I should disable/enable before I install Laravel into a directory?

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dream5694 2014-02-12 02:41
    关注

you would not put the base Laravel folder in public_html.

In a Laravel directory structure, which gets created when you do the laravel new command, there is a directory called public. This is what you map your web root to. So on my vps, I have a folder called /var/site/mywebapp which was created by the command:

laravel new mywebapp

In nginx (which I much prefer over Apache), I map my server root to:

/var/sites/mywebapp/public

In the public folder is an index.php that Laravel uses to run your whole app/site. The rest of the framework is outside of the web root and is not accessible by HTTP.

As for your URL issues, consult the documentation for how to properly configure your mod_rewrite (assuming Apache).

Also, Dayle Rees, a prominent member of the Laravel community (and core contributor), has a github of sample web server configs here:

https://github.com/daylerees/laravel-website-configs

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 想问一下树莓派接上显示屏后出现如图所示画面,是什么问题导致的
  • ¥100 嵌入式系统基于PIC16F882和热敏电阻的数字温度计
  • ¥15 cmd cl 0x000007b
  • ¥20 BAPI_PR_CHANGE how to add account assignment information for service line
  • ¥500 火焰左右视图、视差(基于双目相机)
  • ¥100 set_link_state
  • ¥15 虚幻5 UE美术毛发渲染
  • ¥15 CVRP 图论 物流运输优化
  • ¥15 Tableau online 嵌入ppt失败
  • ¥100 支付宝网页转账系统不识别账号