douxi3404 2017-07-12 08:58
浏览 46

Laravel十进制列索引

I am using the commonly known reddit 'hot' algorithm on my table 'posts'. Now this hot column is a decimal number like this: 'XXXXX,XXXXXXXX'

I want this column to be an index, because when I order by 'hot', I want the query to be as fast as possible. However, I am kind of new to indexes. Does an index need to be unique?

If it has to be unique, would this work and be efficient?

$table->unique('id', 'hot');

If it does not have to be unique, would this be the right approach?

$table->index('hot');

Last question: would the following query be taking advantage of the index?

If not, how should I modify it?

Thank you very much!

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• douluhaikao93943 2017-07-12 15:30
    关注

Do not make it UNIQUE unless you need the constraint that you cannot insert duplicates.

Phrased differently, a UNIQUE key is two things: an INDEX (for speedy searching) and a "constraint" (to give an error when trying to insert a dup).

ORDER BY hot DESC can use INDEX(hot) (or UNIQUE(hot)). I say "can", not "will", because there are other issues where the Optimizer may decide not to use the index. (Without seeing the actual query and knowing more about the the dataset, I can't be more specific.)

If id is the PRIMARY KEY, then neither of these is of any use: INDEX(id, hot); UNIQUE(id, hot). Swapping the order of the columns makes sense. Or simply INDEX(hot).

A caveat: EXPLAIN does not say whether the index is used for ORDER BY, only for WHERE. On the other hand, EXPLAIN FORMAT=JSON does give more details. Try that.

(Yes, DECIMAL columns can be indexed.)

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 目详情-五一模拟赛详情页
  • ¥15 有了解d3和topogram.js库的吗?有偿请教
  • ¥100 任意维数的K均值聚类
  • ¥15 stamps做sbas-insar,时序沉降图怎么画
  • ¥15 买了个传感器,根据商家发的代码和步骤使用但是代码报错了不会改,有没有人可以看看
  • ¥15 关于#Java#的问题,如何解决?
  • ¥15 加热介质是液体,换热器壳侧导热系数和总的导热系数怎么算
  • ¥100 嵌入式系统基于PIC16F882和热敏电阻的数字温度计
  • ¥15 cmd cl 0x000007b
  • ¥20 BAPI_PR_CHANGE how to add account assignment information for service line