dongnaosuan5407 2016-01-21 18:50
浏览 84
已采纳

为什么我必须在函数调用中使用引用运算符(&)?

Setup

I am borrowing a function from an open source CMS that I frequently use for a custom project.

It's purpose is not important to this question but if you want to know it's a simple static cache designed to reduce database queries. I can call getObject 10 times in one page load and not have to worry about hitting the database 10 times.

Code

A simplified version of the function looks like this:

function &staticStorage($name, $default_value = NULL)
{
  static $data = array();
  if (isset($data[$name])
  {
    return $data[$name];
  }
  $data[$name] = $default_value;
  return $data[$name];
}

This function would be called in something like this:

function getObject($object_id)
{
  $object = &staticStorage('object_' . $object_id);
  if ($object)
  {
    return $object;
  }

// This query isn't accurate but that's ok it's not important to the question.
  $object = databaseQuery('SELECT * FROM Objects WHERE id = @object_id', 
                          array('@object_id => $object_id'));
  return $object;
}

The idea is that once I call static_storage the returned value will update the static storage as it is changed.

The problem

My interest is in the line $object = &staticStorage('object_' . $object_id); Notice the & in front of the function. The staticStorage function returns a reference already so I initially did not include the reference operator preceding the function call. However, without the reference preceding the function call it does not work correctly.

My understanding of pointers is if I return a pointer php will automatically cast the variable as a pointer $a = &$b will cause $a to point to the value of $b.

The question

Why? If the function returns a reference why do I have to use the reference operator to precede the function call?

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dongxiqian2787 2016-01-21 19:01
    关注

From the PHP docs

Note: Unlike parameter passing, here you have to use & in both places - to indicate that you want to return by reference, not a copy, and to indicate that reference binding, rather than usual assignment, should be done for $myValue.

http://php.net/manual/en/language.references.return.php

Basically, its to help the php interpreter. The first use in the function definition is to return the reference, and the second is to bind by reference instead of value to the assignment.

By putting the & in the function declaration, the function will return a memory address of the return value. The assignment, when getting this memory address would interpret the value as an int unless explicitly told otherwise, this is why the second & is needed for the assignment operator.

EDIT: As pointed out by @ringø below, it does not return a memory address, but rather an object that will be treated like a copy (technically copy-on-write).

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥20 测距传感器数据手册i2c
  • ¥15 RPA正常跑,cmd输入cookies跑不出来
  • ¥15 求帮我调试一下freefem代码
  • ¥15 matlab代码解决,怎么运行
  • ¥15 R语言Rstudio突然无法启动
  • ¥15 关于#matlab#的问题:提取2个图像的变量作为另外一个图像像元的移动量,计算新的位置创建新的图像并提取第二个图像的变量到新的图像
  • ¥15 改算法,照着压缩包里边,参考其他代码封装的格式 写到main函数里