普通网友 2015-10-18 17:28
浏览 81
已采纳

购物车数据库设计:按尺寸添加数量的功能

I currently have a simple php based shopping cart but I need to add a new functionality so that each size has a unique quantity. There may be 1 large, but 3 smalls in stock for example.

Each product has a unique product code, but has multiple sizes and colors. Currently there is a quantity field in the table. I also need to be able to decrement the quantities once a product has been ordered.

For flexibility, I currently reference the options as a single field in the database entry that's a json object and looks something like this:

{"colors":"Red,Blue","sizes":"S,M,L"}

This gives me the flexibility to use multiple options of different names without having to create an options table in the db.

I could simply expand the json object to something like this:

{"colors":"Red,Blue","sizes":{"S":"1","M":"3","L":"0"}}

I'm worried this will cause me unforseen issues down the road. I'm also concerned that by doing this decrementing after a sale becomes more complex.

Currently, I just have to update where the product code matches and decrement the quantity. With the above change, I have to retrieve the product info, decode the options, find the size and decrement, then update the database. This feels overly complex.

Is there a better way of handling product quantities by sizes?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• drlq92444 2015-10-18 17:32
    关注

I would never save a string or json chunk in a single product row with sizing/quantity embedded.

I would go with a product table.

Then a Junction table using the productId with a size column and a quantity column.

schema idea:

create table Products
    (   prodId int auto_increment primary key,
        prodName varchar(100) not null
    );

create table ProductQuantities
    (   -- table to store quantities for Product/Sizing combos
        id int auto_increment primary key,
        prodId int not null,
        size varchar(10) not null,
        quantity int not null,
        constraint foreign key (prodId) references products(prodId),
        key(prodId),
        unique key (prodId,size) -- maintains sanity for no duplicates at the combo level, plus a general index
    );

Granted, the 2nd table is not a junction table, but you get the idea

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 素材场景中光线烘焙后灯光失效
  • ¥15 请教一下各位,为什么我这个没有实现模拟点击
  • ¥15 执行 virtuoso 命令后,界面没有,cadence 启动不起来
  • ¥50 comfyui下连接animatediff节点生成视频质量非常差的原因
  • ¥20 有关区间dp的问题求解
  • ¥15 多电路系统共用电源的串扰问题