dongwen4487 2013-05-06 20:41
浏览 71
已采纳

MySQL / PHP:数据库布局,排序和搜索

On my website, for members of my service I provide a contact database where they can store all their contacts. This database is suppose to be more tailored fit for the member. When entering a contact it asks all the standard questions like names and titles, then stores them in table contacts. Then come the additional fields like phone, address, email, and website. But contacts can multiples of those, so I want my members to be able to enter unlimited. I did this by making a table for each field, contacts_phone, contacts_address, contacts_email, contacts_websiteand each row had the id, parent, and data.

This made it extremely hard for me to get a proper search going. The only way these extra fields are connected is through parent which holds the ID of the contact it is connected to. It also cause some other bugs and errors so I decided to trash that idea and considered it a failure.

Now I've decided to limit the member on entering up to 10 multiples of each field. So in table contacts it now has hundreds of columns (phone_1_data, photo_2_data, phone_3_data, ect.) and just seems messy and wrong. It will be so much easier to search through, sort, and interact with but it doesn't seem like the best way.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dongnvwang8591 2013-05-06 20:44
    关注

For any custom columns, add a simple key-value table, with the contact ID, a string key, and a string value. You can use this to match arbitrary numbers of arbitrary custom fields to the contacts, and they'll remain searchable using JOINs.

CREATE TABLE `custom_fields` (
        `contact_id` INT,
        `key` VARCHAR(63),
        `value` VARCHAR(255)
    );

To get all the extra fields for a contact:

SELECT `key`, `value` FROM `custom_fields` WHERE `contact_id` = ?

To search for a contact with a particular value in a particular custom field:

SELECT `contact`.* FROM `contacts`
    JOIN `custom_fields` ON `custom_fields`.`contact_id` = `contacts`.`contact_id`
    WHERE `custom_fields`.`key` = ? AND `custom_fields`.`value` = ?

Or, to find a contact with a particular value in any custom field:

SELECT `contact`.* FROM `contacts`
    JOIN `custom_fields` ON `custom_fields`.`contact_id` = `contacts`.`contact_id`
    WHERE `custom_fields`.`value` = ?

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥20 BAPI_PR_CHANGE how to add account assignment information for service line
  • ¥500 火焰左右视图、视差(基于双目相机)
  • ¥100 set_link_state
  • ¥15 虚幻5 UE美术毛发渲染
  • ¥15 CVRP 图论 物流运输优化
  • ¥15 Tableau online 嵌入ppt失败
  • ¥100 支付宝网页转账系统不识别账号
  • ¥15 基于单片机的靶位控制系统
  • ¥15 真我手机蓝牙传输进度消息被关闭了,怎么打开?(关键词-消息通知)
  • ¥15 装 pytorch 的时候出了好多问题,遇到这种情况怎么处理?