douxing6434 2013-02-03 09:11
浏览 254
已采纳

Go中的递归锁定

Go's sync package has a Mutex. Unfortunately it's not recursive. What's the best way to implement recursive locks in Go?

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• douxie9347 2013-02-03 10:21
    关注

I'm sorry to not answer your question directly:

IMHO, the best way how to implement recursive locks in Go is to not implement them, but rather redesign your code to not need them in the first place. It's probable, I think, that the desire for them indicates a wrong approach to some (unknown here) problem is being used.

As an indirect "proof" of the above claim: Would a recursive lock be a common/correct approach to the/some usual situations involving mutexes, it would be sooner or later included in the standard library.

And finally, last but not least: What Russ Cox from the Go development team wrote here https://groups.google.com/d/msg/golang-nuts/XqW1qcuZgKg/Ui3nQkeLV80J:

Recursive (aka reentrant) mutexes are a bad idea. The fundamental reason to use a mutex is that mutexes protect invariants, perhaps internal invariants like "p.Prev.Next == p for all elements of the ring", or perhaps external invariants like "my local variable x is equal to p.Prev."

Locking a mutex asserts "I need the invariants to hold" and perhaps "I will temporarily break those invariants." Releasing the mutex asserts "I no longer depend on those invariants" and "If I broke them, I have restored them."

Understanding that mutexes protect invariants is essential to identifying where mutexes are needed and where they are not. For example, does a shared counter updated with atomic increment and decrement instructions need a mutex? It depends on the invariants. If the only invariant is that the counter has value i - d after i increments and d decrements, then the atmocity of the instructions ensures the invariants; no mutex is needed. But if the counter must be in sync with some other data structure (perhaps it counts the number of elements on a list), then the atomicity of the individual operations is not enough. Something else, often a mutex, must protect the higher-level invariant. This is the reason that operations on maps in Go are not guaranteed to be atomic: it would add expense without benefit in typical cases.

Let's take a look at recursive mutexes. Suppose we have code like this:

func F() {
                 mu.Lock()
                 ... do some stuff ...
                 G()
                 ... do some more stuff ...
                 mu.Unlock()
         }

func G() {
                 mu.Lock()
                 ... do some stuff ...
                 mu.Unlock()
         }

Normally, when a call to mu.Lock returns, the calling code can now assume that the protected invariants hold, until it calls mu.Unlock.

A recursive mutex implementation would make G's mu.Lock and mu.Unlock calls be no-ops when called from within F or any other context where the current thread already holds mu. If mu used such an implementation, then when mu.Lock returns inside G, the invariants may or may not hold. It depends on what F has done before calling G. Maybe F didn't even realize that G needed those invariants and has broken them (entirely possible, especially in complex code).

Recursive mutexes do not protect invariants. Mutexes have only one job, and recursive mutexes don't do it.

There are simpler problems with them, like if you wrote

func F() {
                 mu.Lock()
                 ... do some stuff
         }

you'd never find the bug in single-threaded testing. But that's just a special case of the bigger problem, which is that they provide no guarantees at all about the invariants that the mutex is meant to protect.

If you need to implement functionality that can be called with or without holding a mutex, the clearest thing to do is to write two versions. For example, instead of the above G, you could write:

// To be called with mu already held.
         // Caller must be careful to ensure that ...
         func g() {
                 ... do some stuff ...
         }

func G() {
                 mu.Lock()
                 g()
                 mu.Unlock()
         }

or if they're both unexported, g and gLocked.

I am sure that we'll need TryLock eventually; feel free to send us a CL for that. Lock with timeout seems less essential but if there were a clean implementation (I don't know of one) then maybe it would be okay. Please don't send a CL that implements recursive mutexes.

Recursive mutexes are just a mistake, nothing more than a comfortable home for bugs.

Russ

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 素材场景中光线烘焙后灯光失效
  • ¥15 请教一下各位,为什么我这个没有实现模拟点击
  • ¥15 执行 virtuoso 命令后,界面没有,cadence 启动不起来
  • ¥50 comfyui下连接animatediff节点生成视频质量非常差的原因
  • ¥20 有关区间dp的问题求解
  • ¥15 多电路系统共用电源的串扰问题