douyinmian8151 2014-02-14 11:47
浏览 35

在Godoc中记录“ package main”需要采取什么步骤?

Godoc is a great tool for documenting packages, however it seems to be less useful when it's used against package main. I'll see an output that only displays the notes I've written to myself using //BUG and subdirectories.

Godoc only displays exported functions and seems to have no way to display unexported / functions from main. I would find it useful to see a list of functions in main. Since this isn't supported, I tend to shove a list of functions at the top of the package description but this feels like a workaround.

Since I have to manually update the list of functions, I often put as much code in packages as I can so it's exported and thus documented. Is this a good idea? What should I do about the list of functions in main?

Example:

COMMAND DOCUMENTATION

Package main implements a web server, template renderer and DAL for MySQL.

<filename.go>

<function>(<signature>)

main.go

main()
    bootstrap() error
    <more functions here>

BUGS

[filename.go] <whatever...>

SUBDIRECTORIES

auth
    common
    debug
    storage
    <more packages here>
  • 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• duanchen6423 2014-02-15 04:12
    关注

AFAIK, you already have the answer to your question. I can think of two alternative solutions:

1. Maintain a fork of godoc that shows functions for main packages. (And you'd then have to run an instance of it yourself on a web server. The downside is that people going straight to godoc.org for your package documentation will miss out.)
    2. Separate your main packages into sub-packages such that the main package is small or minimal. Documentation could then be read in those sub-packages. But as far as I know, this is not in widespread practice.

I think in general, godoc is for package documentation. Documentation for main packages is really only useful to people editing the source code of that package---so the documentation conceivably doesn't need to be publicized. On the other hand, this lacks the nice presentation/organization of godoc.

As a compromise, if you really want to publicize the documentation, I'd recommend an overview of the architecture of your program rather than a play-by-play of each function.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 关于#hadoop#的问题
  • ¥15 (标签-Python|关键词-socket)
  • ¥15 keil里为什么main.c定义的函数在it.c调用不了
  • ¥50 切换TabTip键盘的输入法
  • ¥15 可否在不同线程中调用封装数据库操作的类
  • ¥15 微带串馈天线阵列每个阵元宽度计算
  • ¥15 keil的map文件中Image component sizes各项意思
  • ¥20 求个正点原子stm32f407开发版的贪吃蛇游戏
  • ¥15 划分vlan后,链路不通了?