donglu4633 2013-10-07 10:12
浏览 138
已采纳

Go中如何准确实现接口变量?

In the below code snippet, I'd like to understand what exactly gets stored in iPerson when its contents are still uninitialized: just a value of 0-bytes? Or is it actually a pointer under the hood (and also initialized to 0-bytes of course)? In any case, what exactly happens at iPerson = person?

If iPerson = person makes a copy of person, what happens then when an object implementing IPerson but with a different size/memory footprint gets assigned to iPerson? I understand iPerson is a variable stored on the stack, so its size must be fixed. Does that mean that the heap is actually used under the hood, so iPerson is actually implemented as a pointer, but assignments still copy the object, as demonstrated by the above code? Here's the code:

type Person struct{ name string }

type IPerson interface{}

func main() {
    var person Person = Person{"John"}
    var iPerson IPerson
    fmt.Println(person)  // => John
    fmt.Println(iPerson) // => <nil>  ...so looks like a pointer

iPerson = person     //           ...this seems to be making a copy
    fmt.Println(iPerson) // => John

person.name = "Mike"
    fmt.Println(person)  // => Mike
    fmt.Println(iPerson) // => John   ...so looks like it wasn't a pointer,
                         //           or at least something was definitely copied
}

(This question is the result of me having second thoughts on the precise factual correctness of my answer to why runtime error on io.WriterString?. So I decided to try to do some investigation to understand how is it exactly that interface variables and assignments to them work in Go.)

EDIT: after having received a few useful answers, I'm still puzzled with this:

iPerson = person
iPerson = &person

—both are legal. However, to me, this raises the question of why the compiler allows such weak typing to occur? One implication of the above is this:

iPerson = &person
var person2 = iPerson.(Person)  # panic: interface conversion: interface is *main.Person, not main.Person

whereas changing the first line fixes it:

iPerson = person
var person2 = iPerson.(Person)  # OK

...so it's not possible to determine statically whether iPerson holds a pointer or a value; and it seems that anything can assign either one to it at runtime with no errors raised. Why was such design decision made? What purpose does it serve? It definitely does not to fit within the "type safety" mindset.

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• doqo89924 2013-10-07 11:08
    关注

So, looks like internally, the interface variable does hold a pointer to what was assigned to it. An excerpt from http://research.swtch.com/interfaces:

The second word in the interface value points at the actual data, in this case a copy of b. The assignment var s Stringer = b makes a copy of b rather than point at b for the same reason that var c uint64 = b makes a copy: if b later changes, s and c are supposed to have the original value, not the new one.

My question

[...] what happens then when an object implementing IPerson but with a different size/memory footprint gets assigned to iPerson?

...also gets answered in the article:

Values stored in interfaces might be arbitrarily large, but only one word is dedicated to holding the value in the interface structure, so the assignment allocates a chunk of memory on the heap and records the pointer in the one-word slot.

So yeah, a copy on the heap is made and a pointer to it assigned to the interface variable. But, apparently, to the programmer, the interface variable has the semantics of a value variable not a pointer variable.

(Thanks to Volker for providing the link; but also, the first part of his answer is factually plain wrong... So I don't know if I should downvote for the misleading information or upvote for the non-misleading and rather useful link (which also happens to contradict his own answer).)

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥88 找成都本地经验丰富懂小程序开发的技术大咖
  • ¥15 如何处理复杂数据表格的除法运算
  • ¥15 如何用stc8h1k08的片子做485数据透传的功能?(关键词-串口)
  • ¥15 有兄弟姐妹会用word插图功能制作类似citespace的图片吗?
  • ¥200 uniapp长期运行卡死问题解决
  • ¥15 请教:如何用postman调用本地虚拟机区块链接上的合约?
  • ¥15 为什么使用javacv转封装rtsp为rtmp时出现如下问题:[h264 @ 000000004faf7500]no frame?
  • ¥15 乘性高斯噪声在深度学习网络中的应用
  • ¥15 关于docker部署flink集成hadoop的yarn,请教个问题 flink启动yarn-session.sh连不上hadoop,这个整了好几天一直不行,求帮忙看一下怎么解决
  • ¥15 深度学习根据CNN网络模型,搭建BP模型并训练MNIST数据集