douhao9203 2015-06-27 16:51
浏览 59

Golang检测飞行中的请求

I was wondering if there is already a library to do that or maybe a suggestion which way to go for the following problem:

Client A makes request for resource A, this is a long running request since resource A is expensive and it results in a cache miss. In the meantime client B makes request for resource A, now it's still a cache miss since client A's request hasn't returned and populated the cache yet. so instead of making a new request to generate resource A, client B should block and be notified when client A's request is complete and has populated the cache.

I think the group cache library has something along those lines, but I haven't been able to browse through the code to figure out how they do it, I also don't wanna tie the implementation to it and use it as a dependency.

The only solution I had so far is a pub-sub type of thing, where we have a global map of the current in-flight requests with the reqID as a key. When req1 comes it sets its ID in the map, req2 comes and checks if its id is in the map, since its requesting the same resource it is, so we block on a notifier channel. When req1 finishes it does 3 things:

1. evicts its ID from the map
  2. saves the entry in the cache
  3. sends a broadcast with its ID to the notifier channel req2 receives the notification, unblocks and fetches from the cache.

Since go doesn't have built in support for broadcasts, theres probably 1 grouting listening on the broadcast channel and then keeping a list of subscribers to broadcast to for each request, or maybe we change the map to reqId => list(broadcastChannelSubscribers). Something along those lines.

If you think there is a better way to do it with Go's primitives, any input would be appreciated. The only piece of this solution that bothers me is this global map, surrounded by locks, I assume it quickly is going to become a bottleneck. IF you have some non-locking ideas, even if they are probabilistic Im happy to hear them.

• 写回答

4条回答 默认 最新

• douguanci9158 2015-06-27 17:51
    关注

It reminds me of one question where someone was implementing a similar thing:

Coalescing items in channel

I gave an answer with an example of implementing such a middle layer. I think this is in line with your ideas: have a routine keeping track of requests for the same resource and prevent them from being recalculating in parallel.

If you have a separate routine responsible for taking requests and managing access to cache, you don't need an explicit lock (there is one buried in a channel though). Anyhow, I don't know specifics of your application, but considering you need to check cache (probably locked) and (occasionally) perform an expensive calculation of missing entry – lock on map lookups doesn't seem like a massive problem to me. You can also always span more such middle layer routines if you think this would help, but you would need a deterministic way of routing the requests (so each cache entry is managed by a single routine).

Sorry for not bringing you a silver bullet solution, but it sounds like you're on a good way of solving your problem anyway.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥20 Vs code Mac系统 PHP Debug调试环境配置
  • ¥60 大一项目课,微信小程序
  • ¥15 求视频摘要youtube和ovp数据集
  • ¥15 在启动roslaunch时出现如下问题
  • ¥15 汇编语言实现加减法计算器的功能
  • ¥20 关于多单片机模块化的一些问题
  • ¥30 seata使用出现报错,其他服务找不到seata
  • ¥35 引用csv数据文件(4列1800行),通过高斯-赛德尔法拟合曲线,在选取(每五十点取1点)数据,求该数据点的曲率中心。
  • ¥20 程序只发送0X01,串口助手显示不正确,配置看了没有问题115200-8-1-no,如何解决?
  • ¥15 Google speech command 数据集获取