douzhajie7168 2015-11-09 01:05
浏览 70
已采纳

预定过程-为加密配置提供密钥

I have developed a tool that loads in an configuration file at runtime. Some of the values are encrypted with an AES key.

The tool will be scheduled to run on a regular basis from a remote machine. What is an acceptable way to provide the decryption key to the program. It has a command line interface which I can pass it through. I can currently see three options

1. Provide the full key via CLI, meaning the key is available in the clear at OS config level (i.e. CronJob)
  2. Hardcode the key into the binary via source code. Not a good idea for a number of reasons. (Decompiling and less portable)
  3. Use a combination of 1 and 2 i.e. Have a base key in exe and then accept partial key via CLI. This way I can use the same build for multiple machines, but it doesn't solve the problem of decompiling the exe.

It is worth noting that I am not too worried about decompiling the exe to get key. If i'm sure there are ways I could address via obfuscation etc.

Ultimately if I was really conscious I wouldn't be storing the password anywhere.

I'd like to hear what is considered best practice. Thanks.

I have added the Go tag because the tool is written in Go, just in case there is a magical Go package that might help, other than that, this question is not specific to a technology really.

UPDATE:: I am trying to protect the key from external attackers. Not the regular physical user of the machine.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• douqian3712 2015-11-09 03:11
    关注

Best practice for this kind of system is one of two things:

• A sysadmin authenticates during startup, providing a password at the console. This is often extremely inconvenient, but is pretty easy to implement.

• A hardware device is used to hold the credential. The most common and effective are called HSMs (Hardware Security Modules). They come in all kinds of formats, from USB keys to plug-in boards to external rack-mounted devices. HSMs come with their own API that you would need to interface with. The main feature of an HSM is that it never divulges its key, and it has physical safeguards to protect against it being extracted. Your app sends it some data and it signs the data and returns it. That proves that that the hardware module was connected to this machine.

For specific OSes, you can make use of the local secure credential storage, which can provide some reasonable protection. Windows and OS X in particular have these, generally keyed to some credential the admin is required to type at startup. I'm not aware of a particularly effective one for Linux, and in general this is pretty inconvenient in a server setting (because of manual sysadmin intervention).

In every case that I've worked on, an HSM was the best solution in the end. For simple uses (like starting an application), you can get them for a few hundred bucks. For a little more "roll-your-own," I've seen them as cheap as $50. (I'm not reviewing these particularly. I've mostly worked with a bit more expensive ones, but the basic idea is the same.)

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 素材场景中光线烘焙后灯光失效
  • ¥15 请教一下各位,为什么我这个没有实现模拟点击
  • ¥15 执行 virtuoso 命令后,界面没有,cadence 启动不起来
  • ¥50 comfyui下连接animatediff节点生成视频质量非常差的原因
  • ¥20 有关区间dp的问题求解
  • ¥15 多电路系统共用电源的串扰问题
  • ¥15 slam rangenet++配置
  • ¥15 有没有研究水声通信方面的帮我改俩matlab代码