douzhiji2020 2015-10-19 20:52
浏览 214
已采纳

Golang并发SQL事务

Running into an issues with concurrency and SQL transactions. I have the (stubbed) code below (error checks and such removed for clarity):

dao, _ := sql.Open("postgres", args)

tx1 := dao.Begin()
res, _ := tx1.Exec("UPDATE <...>", args...)
// error check

tx2 := dao.Begin()
res, _ = tx2.Exec("UPDATE <same>", args...)

_ = tx1.Commit()

_ = tx2.Commit()

This occurs within a unit test. The idea is to force a concurrency failure, since the two Execs are trying to update the same row, to make sure the proper conflict error response is given. However, the second Exec blocks permanently.

As far as I can tell, this type of blocking is only supposed to occur if the DB is out of database connections, but transactions are all supposed to run in their own (exclusive) connections, and I'm not setting a max connections anywhere (I've also tried setting it to something like 100, no effect).

Here's the strange part. If I separate out the tx2 Exec() and Commit() into a separate goroutine with a synchronizing channel to block the main thread from running tx1.Commit() until tx2 has run it's Exec(), the same thing happens, block indefinitely on the tx2.Exec(). If I use a time.Sleep() instead of a sync channel, the tx2.Exec blocks until the sleep finishes and tx1.Commit() is run, then completes with the expected error (pq: could not serialize access due to concurrent update)

Am I missing something about how golang's SQL package, or the postgres driver, handles connection pools? Why is the second transaction Exec blocking until the first one is committed? Isn't the point of transactions that the two can run simultaneously, and whichever commits (or is it starts?) first wins?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• duanbin3021 2015-10-20 15:58
    关注

After further research, it looks like this isn't actually an issue with Golang, or the SQL or PQ packages. This is an inherent (and by design) behavior within PostgreSQL:

UPDATE, DELETE, SELECT FOR UPDATE, and SELECT FOR SHARE commands behave the same as SELECT in terms of searching for target rows: they will only find target rows that were committed as of the command start time. However, such a target row might have already been updated (or deleted or locked) by another concurrent transaction by the time it is found. In this case, the would-be updater will wait for the first updating transaction to commit or roll back (if it is still in progress).

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/transaction-iso.html

So the block is occurring in Postgres, not in Go. This can be confirmed by running concurrent transactions that Update (or Insert or Delete, et al) the same record in separate terminals using psql. The second Update/Insert/Delete will block until the transaction in which the first one was called either calls COMMIT or ROLLBACK.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 keil的map文件中Image component sizes各项意思
  • ¥30 BC260Y用MQTT向阿里云发布主题消息一直错误
  • ¥20 求个正点原子stm32f407开发版的贪吃蛇游戏
  • ¥15 划分vlan后,链路不通了?
  • ¥20 求各位懂行的人,注册表能不能看到usb使用得具体信息,干了什么,传输了什么数据
  • ¥15 Vue3 大型图片数据拖动排序
  • ¥15 Centos / PETGEM
  • ¥15 划分vlan后不通了