douzhang3822 2016-07-15 10:05
浏览 9
已采纳

有邪恶的世界吗?

I've read about Evil RegExp and usually ensure a basic level of safety is in place when dealing with user input with regards to RegExp.

What I am unsure about is whether this issue is also present in Glob. I imagine it will come down to the individual implementations of Glob'ing' and in my particular instance I am using https://github.com/gobwas/glob/

I'd appreciate any advice available for how to test for this issue and potentially how to mitigate against it.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• douhui1957 2016-07-31 23:14
    关注

By "evil regex" I assume you mean a regex that falls victim to catastrophic backtracking.

From what you're describing, it seems like you're using a glob library to avoid these "evil regexes". Globs are essentially a weaker version of regex.

The thing that you're missing here is the fact that regexes don't have to be evil. This can be proven in plain Go, with no external libraries.

Try running this Go program:

package main

import (
        "fmt"; "regexp"
    )

func main() {
        reg := regexp.MustCompile(`^([^z]*?,){11}P`)

txt := `1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18zP`

fmt.Println(reg.ReplaceAllString(txt, ""))
    }

You might wonder why this code doesn't measure how much time execution took. It's because it's not needed (and also because I don't know much Go).

The regex will work in almost all regex flavors. You can try running it in Java, Perl or another similar flavor (I like using PCRE on https://regex101.com/#pcre), but the outcome will be one of two things:

• A timeout
    • You get fed up with how long it's taking and stop the program

Yes, that combination causes catastrophic backtracking in most regex flavors. But not Go. Why?

Go doesn't use backtracking at all for its regexes, so it's not even a possibility. According to this site:

In Go, we find an optimized regular expression engine. This runs in linear time, making complex patterns faster. It is located in the regexp package.

Read more about the differences between backtracking and non-backtracking engines here.

Considering the glob library (according to that GitHub link) appears faster than Go's regexps, performance shouldn't be a problem.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 vue3加ant-design-vue无法渲染出页面
  • ¥15 matlab(相关搜索:紧聚焦)
  • ¥15 基于51单片机的厨房煤气泄露检测报警系统设计
  • ¥15 路易威登官网 里边的参数逆向
  • ¥15 Arduino无法同时连接多个hx711模块,如何解决?
  • ¥50 需求一个up主付费课程
  • ¥20 模型在y分布之外的数据上预测能力不好如何解决
  • ¥15 processing提取音乐节奏