dongwu9063 2017-03-09 16:45
浏览 38

在Go中模拟非接口类型

Let me preface this by saying I'm pretty new to Go, so I am looking for mocking techniques when working with other libraries. I am well aware that interfaces and dependency injection are the best way to keep code testable and mockable.

While working with a 3rd party client library (Google Cloud Storage), I have run into a problem with attempting to mock the implementation of their client. The primary problem is that the types in the client library are not implemented with interfaces. I can generate interfaces to mimic the client implementation. However, the return values for some of the functions return pointers to underlying struct types which are tricky or impossible to mock due to private attributes. Here is a sample of the problem I am trying to solve:

package third_party

type UnderlyingType struct {
    secret string
}

type ThirdPartyClient struct {}
func (f *ThirdPartyClient) SomeFunction() *UnderlyingType {
    return &UnderlyingType{
          secret: "I can't mock this, it's a secret to the package"
    }
}

Here is an annotated sample with the problem I'm trying to solve.

package mock

// Create interface that matches third party client structure
type MyClientInterface interface {
    SomeFunction() *third_party.UnderlyingType
}

type MockClient struct {
    third_party.Client
}
// Forced to return the third party non-interface type 'UnderlyingType'
func (f *MockClient) SomeFunction() *UnderlyingType { 

// No way to mock the value of the 'secret' property outside
    // of the third-party package. Any underlying methods that 
    // depend on a non-nil reference to 'secret' will explode 
    // with the mock.
    //
    // TODO: Find a way to mock the 'secret' value
    return &UnderlyingType{}
}

Is this even a mockable scenario? Are there special techniques to work around the fact that the library provides no interfaces as return types?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dougeqiang1619 2019-01-12 20:36
    关注

The answer to your question is: yes this is the way you could do it.

But you asked the wrong question. You should not aks how you could mock something. Because, when do you need a mock?

Just for testing. So you should make a specific example what you want to test.

When you use external packages you have 2 possibilities. You want to test, if the external package behaves like you expect, or you trust that external package and you are just testing your code.

So when you test your code you need to test, if the client is called correct. So your mock is ok for that case. Just keep in mind it is important, what you are testing and not if you could mock something.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥30 深度学习,前后端连接
  • ¥15 孟德尔随机化结果不一致
  • ¥15 apm2.8飞控罗盘bad health,加速度计校准失败
  • ¥15 求解O-S方程的特征值问题给出边界层布拉休斯平行流的中性曲线
  • ¥15 谁有desed数据集呀
  • ¥20 手写数字识别运行c仿真时,程序报错错误代码sim211-100
  • ¥15 关于#hadoop#的问题
  • ¥15 (标签-Python|关键词-socket)
  • ¥15 keil里为什么main.c定义的函数在it.c调用不了