douwaif22244 2017-09-17 19:20
浏览 80

保险丝-避免在GetAttr中计算尺寸

I'm implementing a FUSE file system for a remote service. When the user opens a file I do a network call to get the file's contents. It appears that the file's size must be reported through GetAttr in order for open to work.
In order to know the file's size, I have to issue a network call, and since GetAttr is called for every entry when doing ls, I'm concerned about this design (if a user does ls in a directory with many items, it will have to get all the files, even if the user didn't want to open any of them).

How can I work around this problem? My thoughts were:

• Use a lower level method for reading that doesn't rely on reported size? I thought using Read instead of Open could help, however I couldn't get it to work without a size.
  • If I could distinguish GetAttr calls that originated from Open from other calls (including ls), I could issue the network calls only when needed.

I use Go and go-fuse, but I think it shouldn't matter because it's a general FUSE question.

Also, FUSE docs are very minimal (missing actually) documentation. It would be nice if someone familiar with the matter can explain the call flow for ls, cd and cat - what FUSE functions are called in which order.
For example, why there is both Open and Read.

Update:
I've been browsing SSHFS which is considered the canonical example for a FUSE filesystem, and it seems that it also gets the file over network on getattr: https://github.com/libfuse/sshfs/blob/master/sshfs.c#L3167
What do you think?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• douxi4414 2018-12-08 06:21
    关注

The problem you are seeing is because the the kernel is buffering your read, and when it does so, it uses the size of the inode to calculate exactly how many bytes it has to copy to userspace (https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v4.19.7/source/mm/filemap.c#L2137). So there are different workarounds:

1. Return huge st_size from GetAttr

2. When you open the file, set the direct_io flag so you don't use page caches.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 keil里为什么main.c定义的函数在it.c调用不了
  • ¥50 切换TabTip键盘的输入法
  • ¥15 可否在不同线程中调用封装数据库操作的类
  • ¥15 微带串馈天线阵列每个阵元宽度计算
  • ¥15 keil的map文件中Image component sizes各项意思
  • ¥20 求个正点原子stm32f407开发版的贪吃蛇游戏
  • ¥15 划分vlan后,链路不通了?
  • ¥20 求各位懂行的人,注册表能不能看到usb使用得具体信息,干了什么,传输了什么数据
  • ¥15 Vue3 大型图片数据拖动排序