dongshanxun6479 2018-10-15 12:33
浏览 49
已采纳

在导出的golang变量中声明的正在运行的Docker容器的最新列表

I am trying to use the Golang SDK of Docker in order to maintain a slice variable with currently running containers on the local Docker instance. This slice is exported from a package and I want to use it to feed a web page.

I am not really used to goroutines and channels and that's why I am wondering if I have spotted a good solution for my problem.

I have a docker package as follows.

https://play.golang.org/p/eMmqkMezXZn

It has a Running variable containing the current state of running containers.

var Running []types.Container

I use a reload function to load the running containers in the Running variable.

// Reload the list of running containers
func reload() error {
    Running, err = cli.ContainerList(context.Background(), types.ContainerListOptions{
        All: false,
    })
}

And then I start a goroutine from the init function to listen to Docker events and trigger the reload function accordingly.

func init() {
    // Listen for docker events
    go listen()
}

// Listen for docker events
func listen() {
    filter := filters.NewArgs()
    filter.Add("type", "container")
    filter.Add("event", "start")
    filter.Add("event", "die")

msg, errChan := cli.Events(context.Background(), types.EventsOptions{
        Filters: filter,
    })

for {
        select {
        case err := <-errChan:
            panic(err)
        case <-msg:
            fmt.Println("reloading")
            reload()
        }
    }
}

My question is, is it proper to update a variable from inside a goroutine (in terms of sync)? Maybe there is a cleaner way to achieve what I am trying to build?

Update

My concern here is not really about caching. It is more about hiding the "complexity" of the process of listening and update from the Docker SDK. I wanted to provide something like an index to easily let the end user loop and display currently running containers.

I was aware of data-races problems in threaded programs but I did not realize I was as actually in a context of concurrence here (I never wrote concurrent programs in Go before).

I effectively need to re-think the solution to be more idiomatic. As far as I can see, I have two options here: either protecting the variable with a mutex or re-thinking the design to integrate channels.

What means the most to me is to hide or encapsulate the method of synchronization used so the package users need not concern of how the shared state is protected.

Would you have any recommendations?

Thanks a lot for your help, Loric

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• duanluan8390 2018-10-16 06:24
    关注

No, it is not idiomatic Go to share the Running variable between two goroutines. You do this by sharing it between the routine that runs your main function, and the listen function which is started with go—which spawns another goroutine.

Why, is because it breaks with

Do not communicate by sharing memory; instead, share memory by communicating. ¹

So the design of the API needs to change in order to be idiomatic; you need to remove the Running variable and replace it with what? It depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you are trying to cache the cli.ContainerList because you need to call it often, and it might be expensive, you should implement a cache which is invalidated on each cli.Events.

What is your motivation?

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥20 西门子S7-Graph,S7-300,梯形图
  • ¥50 用易语言http 访问不了网页
  • ¥50 safari浏览器fetch提交数据后数据丢失问题
  • ¥15 matlab不知道怎么改,求解答!!
  • ¥15 永磁直线电机的电流环pi调不出来
  • ¥15 用stata实现聚类的代码
  • ¥15 请问paddlehub能支持移动端开发吗?在Android studio上该如何部署?
  • ¥20 docker里部署springboot项目,访问不到扬声器
  • ¥15 netty整合springboot之后自动重连失效
  • ¥15 悬赏!微信开发者工具报错,求帮改